two different accounts

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

(iPhone 7)

My Question or Issue

I have discovered that on my credit card, Spotify is charging me twice for a Premium account. It seems I have two different accounts active (as on the credt card statement there are two different Account numbers), and I'd like to close one of them. How do I close the one I don't use? Logging in using my email only allows me access to one of my profiles, however, I don't know how to find my other account. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jelenapejic.

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try to reset the password with all possible email addresses you might've had? Please make sure that you're logging in with Facebook and check your inboxes for any Spotify receipt to ensure which email address corresponds with which payment. 

In case you do get charged twice, please check out this page for the refund policy.

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @jelenapejic, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Thank you for reaching out. If you're not sure which account has Premium, I'd recommend checking out this guide on finding accounts.

Once you get access to your account - you need to cancel the subscription and let it revert to free before closing the account (otherwise you won't be able to close the account). There are steps to do that here.

Once you've canceled your subscription and let it revert to free - follow these steps on closing your account. Keep in mind when you close your account: 

• Your username, it can’t be used with Spotify again.
  • Your playlists, followers, and everything saved in Your Library.
  • If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to another account until 12-months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

Once you're certain - please follow these steps to close your account permanently.

I hope that helps! Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billi-J, thank you very much for your reply and your instructions!

The problem is: I am not able to login to my second account. I have opened one account a few years ago. last year, I changed phones and got a new phone, and I wasn't able to login to my Spotify account anymore. I thought it was deleted, so I created a new account with the same email ID. Now, it turns out, I'm being charged twice by Spotify for 2 Premium accounts?! But I don't know how to log in to my other account, the one I had opened a few years ago. When i try to log in, it only let's me to log in to my new account, the one I opened last year. Weird?! Have you seen the attachements I added to my question? There are two different charges for Spotify Premium Accounts, and they have different "Customer" or "Account" numbers. 

Can you help here? I don't want to be charged twice...

Thank you very much!

Marked as solution

Hey @jelenapejic.

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try to reset the password with all possible email addresses you might've had? Please make sure that you're logging in with Facebook and check your inboxes for any Spotify receipt to ensure which email address corresponds with which payment. 

In case you do get charged twice, please check out this page for the refund policy.

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks! Got the problem: I used another email ID so it turns out I have two Spotify premium accounts. I'll close one.. thank you very much for your help!

Hey, again @jelenapejic.

I'm so glad to hear things are working again. If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts