Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to get premium, payment error

unable to get premium, payment error

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

I'm trying to get Spotify premium but when I pay, I got an error telling that an error has occurred with the payment, try again or use another payment method.

I already contact my bank and they say my card is ok and can process electronic payments, so it looks like there is an issue with Spotify trying to process the payment?  

please help!

11 Replies

Hey there @stvnc1006!
Are you sure your credit card has enough balance for the price of Spotify Premium?

hi @mosohodPeti, yes, My credit card has enough balance for this payment!

Hmm, thats odd.
In that case I suggest you try paying with PayPal, as maybe your credit card type isn't supported. If you don't already have a PayPal account, create one.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Hey @stvnc1006,

Besides what @mosohodPeti suggested, you can also try again, this time using different browsers in your computer (not mobile). Don't forget to clear cache/cookies before.

Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

• Your device: Various (Cellphone, tablet, PC)
  • Your device's operating system: Android / Windows

Until now, i have tried at least 5 times, with different credit cards, adscribed to different banks, all assured to have enough balance, and be active and able to perform online and recurrent payments. 

In all of them: A red rectagle showing me " An errror has ocurred, please try again or search your issue". I have checked with my bank, I live in Colombia so we have no option for a PayPal payment. What should I do? 

Also, contacted Spotify via Twitter, didn't got an answer. 

EDIT: Typo

Hey @imtparra,

Thanks for that. I know you've been through most of the items bellow, but please make sure you meet all these requirements. I hope it's more helpful!

1. Is your payment method issued in the same country that’s registered to your Spotify account? 
    The country of your payment method must match the one in your Spotify profile, so we can verify your location. Check out how to change the country on your account.
  2. Has the card expired or been canceled? 
    Contact your bank or credit card company for further details or to request a new card. Then try signing up again with the updated payment details.
  3. Have you entered all the correct details? 
    Make sure you enter your details correctly, particularly the 3-digit number sequence on the back of your card (the CVV/CVC security code). Also check you have the available funds 🙂 
  4. Is your card enabled for foreign purchases, and online and recurring transactions? 
    You can contact your bank or credit company to check this. You may also need to have your card set up for 3D Secure online transactions. Examples include “Verified by Visa” and “Mastercard SecureCode”.

Still not working?

If you've checked all the above and still can’t sign up for a subscription, here are some extra things to try:

• Waift a few days and try again. 
    There might have simply been a temporary connection problem when the transaction was attempted. We’d also recommend giving it a try in a private/incognito window in your web browser.
  • Try a different payment method. 
    We have a range of payment methods available. Try selecting an alternative method to what you’ve already tried.
  • Contact your bank or credit card company. 
    Their phone number is usually provided on the back of the card you’re trying to use.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hola, tengo el mismo problema, lograste resolverlo?

I am also having the same error and have tried all of the troubleshooting methods that have been suggested and that you've performed with no prevail. Only difference is that I am in Italy vice Columbia.  I am curious to know if your problem was ever fixed and how.

hi @Pittypit,

I spent many hours chatting with Spotify support on Facebook and calling to my bank. My bank confirmed that my card was able to process international payments without issues even, when I tried to do the payment the bank did not see any try in its system, so they suggested me to contact to Spotify. Then Spotify realized that they did not accept my payment method or something like that. at the end, I don't know if my bank did something or Spotify did something but I was able to get the premium membership using my card, the payment was processed successfully. 

Hola,

Finalmente pude resolverlo, contacte el soporte de spotify por facebook y estuve hablando con mi banco, al final Spofity dijo que no aceptaba mi metodo de pago pero mi banco decia que mi tarjeta estaba habailitada para hacer pagos internacionales. Al final no sé si Spotify hizo algo o mi banco cambio algo respecto a mi tarjeta, pero de repente ya pude hacer el pago sin problema.

Hi, I would be grateful if you could tell me how to contact Spotify as I am facing the same problem.

Suggested posts