Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

upgraded to premium and spotify app does not work anymore

Solved!

upgraded to premium and spotify app does not work anymore

I have upgraded to Premium + Headspace. I have a Sony Xperia L2, Android version 7.1.1

I upgraded but now the app doesn't work. It says 'something went wrong' when i try to view an album or playlist and when i select a song it doesnt play anything at all.

I have checked my subscription is active, my receipt is visible in my account page, i have uninstalled and re-installed about 50 times. I've restarted my phone but nothing its still the same. I have the latest version of the app. It isnt set to offline or anything like that in settings. Spotify works perfectly fine on my laptop, so why doesnt the app work? It was working fine the other day.

Also, i signed up for the deal thats £9.99 for 3 months then £14.99 afterwards. However, my subscription now says i paid £9.99 and from next month it will go up to £14.99 when it should be £9.99

Please please please help me, this is so infuriating. I made another post here but its disappeared and i dont even see it visible on my profile

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @Rhibeam,

Thank you for you reply and for the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

It would be great if you can try to following:

• Try an alternative connection 
  • Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Ensure device has enough storage space
  • If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @Rhibeam,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

Can you try to perform a clean reinstall of the app? This is different than a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how everything goes so that we can keep on assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away 🙂

​​​​​​​Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Thanks for replying Jeremy! I followed the instructions and tried a clean re-install a couple of times but still got the same problem.

Then i had the idea to try installing the spotify app on another spare android phone that i have, to try to replicate the error but the app worked fine when i logged in! I'm guessing there is some sort of error with my normal phone. I am going to factory reset my phone to see if that helps but i'm not sure if that will solve the problem. Do you have any other suggestions i could try?

Marked as solution

Hey again @Rhibeam,

Thank you for you reply and for the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

It would be great if you can try to following:

• Try an alternative connection 
  • Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Ensure device has enough storage space
  • If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Thanks Jeremy, before factory resetting i decided to try the steps you suggested first. The operating system was up-to-date and the phone had enough storage. Then i tried this step-

• If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

It worked!

After removing the SD card then re-installing the app it no longer has problems playing songs or accessing albums and playlists. I then turned off my phone, re-inserted the SD card and switched it back on. The app still works

Thank you!

Hey @Rhibeam,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts