Premium (gift)

Country

United States

Device

Any

Operating System

Any

My Question or Issue

Last December I bought my niece a year of Spotify Premium (not Family, not Student, no Hulu or other extras) via a Spotify e-card that I bought directly on the Spotify web site. That has worked well and she really enjoys it, so I wanted to renew it this year.

Now I find that the e-cards are no longer sold on the Spotify site and that gift cards must be purchased elsewhere. All of the places I've looked (and on many posts here) contain HUGE warnings about the cards not working under various conditions.

So what I'd like to know is... how exactly do I give her a gift this year that will extend her Premium subscription for one year, without all of the headaches?

Thank you in advance!

3 Replies

Hi there @jjkraw,

thanks for posting about this !

I would recommend checking for Spotify gift cards on trusted websites instead of buying at local shops if you have any doubts on their legality or if they work.

In order to learn more on how Gift Cards work, please make sure to check out this info page.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

The issue is I've gone to trusted websites (e.g. Amazon) and the reviews there enumerate quite a few problems. For example, you can only pay by gift card for 18 months in a row.  I'm hoping to learn from others and avoid problems like this.

Hi @jjkraw

thanks for posting !

I understand you don't want to make the same mistakes other did.

However, bear in mind that if you buy a 180 days worth of a gift card this is the amount of Premium you're going to get.

Gift cards can come in various amounts and are suitable in cases where the user would love to eaither give them away as a present or use them as a payment method.

They should state the amount of Premium time you should get.

The help page i provided has more info about gift cards so you can make the correct decision and activate them properly.

Keep me posted 🙂

Suggested posts