The new WebPlayer is fantastic! BUT it is buggy and inexplicably does not work on certain computers. I have checked with friends and found at least two others with the same problem.
E.g. on my work PC, the WebPlayer does not load and instead prompts me with this message:
"To enjoy Spotify please install Adobe Flash. It's free!" with a green "Get Flash" button.
Installing the latest version of Flash does not fix the problem, even after rebooting etc. This affects all browsers including the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox. On my personal laptop, oddly the problem does not occur in Chrome. No problems at all on my work laptop.
I looked at the code and it seems the WebPlayer does not seem to technically require or use Flash to play the MP3 files (hosted on CloudFront).
Please disable the Flash requirement on browsers that support HTML5!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Here is how to solve this problem.
In Chrome, under Privacy settings, you have chosen "Click to play" or maybe even "Block All".
1. Go into Chrome -> Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
2. Scroll to Privacy and click Content Settings...
3. Scroll to Plug-ins and choose "Click to play".
4. While on the same screen, click Manage Exceptions.
5. Under Hostname Pattern, enter "https://play.spotify.com" (no quotes)
6. For that entry, click the "Allow" behavior.
7. Click "Done" twice and exit settings. Then click whatever link that launches Spotify in Chrome.
If someone is having this problem still in 2014-11-25 with Firefox version 34+, the following might help.
Please disable experimental HTML5 add-on SHUMWAY if you have it installed. That solved http://play.spotify.com player for not laoding and presenting that familiar "...get adobe flash" message.