Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

public playlists links aren't working

public playlists links aren't working

playlist with public + display on account ticked on aren't showing up, instead when link is clicked from not my account it will say: "Sorry, that's currently not available." despite on my screen it is on my public playlists and is displayed on my profile.
12 Replies

signed in vs signed out.

i don't understand, i've ticked the public + add to profile on and off as well as reinstalled spotify. i also logged in and out on both my desktop and web player and restarted my computer.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4NRSSmPjkuGeMXhm46ziyu?si=3abfabf531a34a57 here's the link too

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 11.02.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 11.02.37 PM.png

Here the same, can't see my public playlists?

Hey @wildegreenz & @Buundec,

Thanks for reaching out.

We'd suggest checking the email address associated with your account for any notifications regarding your playlists.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

checked already, i didn't get any emails nor is my email any different from anything. i only have one spotify account. it worked before, i don't understand why it doesn't work anymore.

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

Issue:

So I want to share my playlist with people and also show it on my profile, but for some reason, it just doesn't show up. I have a feeling it might have something to do with it being 2.8k songs large but other than that, I see no reason on why it wouldn't work

Hey @Adam93!

Check if you've added the playlist to your profile. In general a public playlist means that anyone with the link can view it, however, it won't show up on your profile unless you manually add it. You can do that from the three dots menu > Add to profile.

If you had already done that, it's possible that the system detected something unusual about it and made it private automatically. Check your inbox for any recent emails from Spotify you may have received as there may be something in there which could give a bit more insight on the matter.

In case the issue persists, it's worth making a new playlist and copying the contents of the old one into it. After that you can add it to your profile and share it with your friends again so they can give it a follow.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Yordan

Making the playlist private and public again, or removing and adding back to my profile doesn't work. Even directly linking to it shows "this page doesn't exist" message if not logged into my account. (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1TexKA8hXAhzwt1mxYxPZe?si=eca98acf42c14c01) here is a link to. copying the playlist and adding that to my profile does work however but sadly it doesn't transfer the likes that I managed to gain from friends before the playlist stopped showing.

Many thanks tho,

Adam

Before my friends were able to see my playlist but NOW it won't show even after I send a link to them. Yes, I've checked if it's displayed on my profile and if it was public. Plus I made that playlist a long time ago I don't know why it became inaccessible to people out of nowhere. Even after searching for it, they can't find it...
My playlist: 永远𝔸𝕕𝕕𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕.

I would like to ask why i can play the same playlist for all my spotify acc. 1 have 18 acc that is consist 3 family premium. And 1 got email from spotify said im violate the regulation ??? 

uhhhhh when i click i playlist i've saved (that is someone else's) there profile picture doesn't show up right next to the length of the playlist like it usually does. it doesn't for my own either

Same, we already have the issue with 2 playlists, the 2nd was created just to avoid the issue but then it went unavailable too with no clear reason, both of them are still set to public yet just don't work through links or any other way.

im having that same problem

Suggested posts