Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

10,000 song limit

Solved!

10,000 song limit

After scouring the internet for information on this, I've decided to speak up about it, regardless of the threads that have been here before (all the way back to 2017!!). I honestly think (as many others do) that a 10,000 song cap is very limited and it definitely damages my user experience a lot. I've only been using Spotify for a little over a year premium (I think) and I've already reached the limit. How can I continue using it now, knowing that I have to remove songs from my library to add new ones? I would normally do that, or save my whole library as a playlist and then remove all of the old tracks to start adding new ones. However, as I see it, this would damage my music suggestions and the way Spotify perceives my music taste, therefore again damaging my user experience.

So I'm stuck with 10k tracks of music and forced to stay like this forever from now on. Not to mention that, if I get this right, it's not even 10k tracks exactly, it's 10k saved objects - artists, albums, not only tracks. Which is even weirder. I really hope you guys start paying attention to this issue! I doubt it's hard to do, you might as well make it dynamically. Just raise it for one person once they reach the maximum. With all due respect but it just seems like all in all bad practice to have a cap on a music app centered around discovering new music! And the fact that it hasn't been changed for the many years that it has been reported (3+ years at the very least, seeing how threads go as far back as 2017) it just shows sloppiness and laziness in my opinion.

I've liked basically everything Spotify offered, but this thing seriously makes me reconsider paying for it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news! You can now save an unlimited number of songs and albums in your library. There is no more 10,000 limit for your library.

For more info check out the update on the posted idea and the blog post.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I’m sorry to hear that. You should submit an idea for that if it’s not already there (:

Couldn't agree with you more. if I'd known that probably i would've kept my previous player and local files.
Right now i cannot recommend Spotify specially as I've seen how they trample over peoples questions on forums, claiming a generic answer as solution.

It's really not good and I am looking at alternative platforms now.

You can vote for them to fix it here:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Increase-maximum-Songs-allowe...

Marked as solution

Good news! You can now save an unlimited number of songs and albums in your library. There is no more 10,000 limit for your library.

For more info check out the update on the posted idea and the blog post.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Wow, this is great news, certainly made this day better! Thanks a lot, Matt! 🙂

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm still seeing a limit on my Liked songs. My PC version of Spotify told me that my Library was full when I tried to Like another song yesterday and that I'd have to remove some.  And when I try to like songs on my Android app, nothing seems to happen. So at least for me, this change doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hey there @td4444,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You mentioned that this is happening to your account even when accessing it from a different device. Just to confirm, have you tried any troubleshooting steps, for example logging out and back in the app to shake things up?

If you're still having troubles saving more than 10.000 tracks to Your Library, we'd also suggest reading more about this announcement in this Community Blog, as well as keeping the app up to speed so you won't miss any improvements coming your way.

Let us know how it goes! We’ll be right here if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts