NEXT STEP

1000+ songs in a playlist disappeared

Solved!

1000+ songs in a playlist disappeared

Plan: Premium

Device

All - MacBook Pro desktop app, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist called All Songs in which I put all my liked songs + many more because I like to be able to custom sort it. It had 1500 songs in it. Today I noticed that there are only 500 songs in it, and basically anything older than 2017 is no longer in it.

I have tried to go on my account and recover the playlist and it says no playlists deleted. The playlist isn't actually deleting, only that most songs have disappeared, so that makes sense.

I contacted support and they said they've recovered the playlist from 1 month ago, but still no change. I'm not convinced they did this correctly because it still includes a song I added a few days ago so how can this version be from 1 month back? They said that in their system they see that 1 month ago they still only see 500 songs. I don't understand how this is possible, I definitely had 1500+ songs in it for months now.

I have signed out from all devices and reset my password. If the songs haven't been deleted, then they have simply disappeared. Someone please help my heart is in a million pieces, this feels worse than a breakup lol.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update: spoke to a second customer rep and they were able to retrieve all the missing songs. Not sure how this happened and why the first person couldn't fix it but thank goodness all is ok now. Hope it doesn't happen again

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Update: spoke to a second customer rep and they were able to retrieve all the missing songs. Not sure how this happened and why the first person couldn't fix it but thank goodness all is ok now. Hope it doesn't happen again

Hey @sharms27,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and you can enjoy your favorite jams again.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Good morning, I have the same problem with 2 of my playlist

In one of them, 150 songs disappeared of 4000, in another one disappeared 449 songs of 450 (only one remains)

I've already wrote to Facebook and Twitter support, but I still not receive any reply

Who can I talk to to solve the problem?

Thank you

Hey there @JDG10,

Welcome to the Community!

We understand where you're coming from and we'll do our best to help you out.

No worries, in this case we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify answer and following the steps you can find there. This will ensure that your account is secure and that you don't experience any of these interruptions. 

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

i just had a similar thing happen, a playlist of roughly 3900ish songs somehow reduced to 400, after 1.5hrs in chat and 4 different reps, they managed to restore it to 700 tracks and said maybe more would show up after awhile.  it's better than nothing i guess....

Suggested posts