Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

80% of my playlist is now unavailable... WTF?

80% of my playlist is now unavailable... WTF?

So I understand licencing issues happen and deals end, but literall 80% of one of my playlists of 100 songs is gone, I now have merely 20 playable tracks.

Whats worse is all the unavailable songs just say "various artists" so I cant go and find those songs elsewhere or find the albums they were on and buy them.

Why must spotify emove al lthe metadata surrounding the song? it seems like a tactic employed to stop people moving elsewhere, which is quickly becoming my new priority.
5 Replies

Hey @Stuckers,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

To start investigating this case, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out. 

Also, could you confirm if just one playlist was affected or if it happens with many of them? In any case, include in your next response the URI of the playlist to take a better look.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Checked on Android and Windows, both have lost 80% of the songs.

The playlist URL is: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2GQOgB3BZLr3ccDcQBTr8w?si=c028d188eb634cc1

I dont see the option to copy the URI any more.

Hey @Stuckers

Thanks for sending us this info. 

We checked on our end and we can confirm that those songs are no longer available on Spotify. We add new content every day, but at the same time, some content is taken down due to licensing reasons or for infringing Spotify guidelines. 

We're afraid we don't have any info about when or if they will re-appear soon.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for confirmation, I am aware theyre no longer in the spotify
library, my main gripe is that you've also removed the song title, artist
and other information. Why is this?

Hi there @Stuckers,

Thanks for the post.

This all depends on permissions from copy rights holders. Sometimes when songs get removed from the app, the track metadata stays as a place holder in the Spotify library. This is when the songs appear grayed out and unplayable.

Sometime rights holders might remove a track or album completely. Unfortunately, this is not something the Spotify has complete control over, and we don't have official info on whether these songs will be re-added to the Spotify library, as @Eni said.

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts