Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A podcast I don't subscribe to or have in my shows won't stop autoplaying

A podcast I don't subscribe to or have in my shows won't stop autoplaying

Every time I finish a podcast episode, the Call Her Daddy podcast begins to autoplay. I do not subscribe or have it in my shows. I have listened to 2 episodes more than a month ago. Yet it still pops up constantly and continues to autoplay.

I listen to plenty of podcast that this shouldn't be the one popping up. I don't hate the show, and this seems minor, but it is incredibly annoying.

How can I stop this from happening? Is this due to Spotify being the exclusive content person for the show? Any tips are helpful.
4 Replies

Hi there!

What device does this occur on? Does it occur on any other devices or on the Web Player? It's possible that you had some leftover episodes in the queue from a previous listening session, so try opening the queue and clearing it to see if that does the trick.

You can also try a clean reinstall of the app to give it a fresh start by following the steps in this article.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I find this a pain. The rest is history is my bugbear (I have a list of podcasts I like and this isnt on it) as every episode comes up when I drive along and a podcast I like goes off. 

I am having the same problem, and it occurs on both the web player and on the iOS app. I previously followed a certain podcast and I unfollowed that podcast.

However, the podcast still shows up under Episodes for You. If I click on it, the "Follow" button is enabled, meaning I do not currently follow it.

Yet almost every time one of my podcasts ends, it starts a podcast from this person. Almost every time. I follow 20 other podcasts and it won't pick any of those... just this one.

This happens to me on every device I use Spotify on. I'm frustrated that I cannot "thumbs down" a podcast I don't care for and it keeps showing up in my feeds. Stop foisting unwanted content on us!

Suggested posts