Announcements

A public playlist (with followers) won’t show up on my profile, it is visible in my library though.

Highlighted

Re: A public playlist (with followers) won’t show up on my profile, it is visible in my library t...

Hey @fjcordara,

In the Community we strive to keep all discussions public. This way if another user faces a similar issue, they can see what's been posted before and worked for other people. It's a pretty cool system where everyone can +VOTE posts with working solutions, so the word gets out quicker.

This is why we won't be able to help with your issue via private messages, we hope you understand. Keep in mind that if we notice private or sensitive information in the screenshots you post, we'll remove them as soon as we can.

If you'd prefer help over a different channel, you can choose another one here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Re: A public playlist (with followers) won’t show up on my profile, it is visible in my library t...

Regular
Got it. Let's say this: it seems I have lost the management of those playlist I was talking about, 'cause I can't add music, edit the name, change the thumbnail, etc. Seems just that it was disconnected from my main user. Could it be?
Highlighted

Hey @fjcordara,

Thanks for your reply.

If the account you are logged in to is not the creator of the playlist or the playlist is set to secret, it won't appear in the Public Playlists section of your profile. You can learn more about playlist privacy here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Regular

Hi Mihail;
No, those playlists have been created with the same user. We just can't edit them since this week. Until now (this have been created 2 months ago) we didn't have any trouble, and we didn't make any change.

In fact, I can acces to the menu that allows me to edit the playlist or make ir public/private, but it just don't respond to any command.SPOTIFY-3.jpg

Strangest thing, it's public (you can see it now) but the menu shows me chance to make it public, as if it were private. And, as I said before, the menu it's not functioning.

As you'll see, the 3 playlists are public, and they are all created by the same user.SPOTIFY-2.jpg

But right now, in the user's profile, just appears linked one of these 3 playlists.

SPOTIFY-1.jpg Any thoughts?

Highlighted

Hey @fjcordara,

Thanks for getting back to us with the detailed explanation and the attached screenshots.

Note that the option to make a playlist public will be available also for playlists followed by your account. This would make them show up on the Public Playlists section of your account for your followers to see. Keep in mind that all playlists, created and followed by your account will appear in the menu on the left side.

To make sure that we're on the same page -did you follow the steps here to perform a check on your devices whether or not you have a secondary account? It's possible that both account have the same display name and that's what's causing the issue. In that case you can learn how to transfer content between your account here.  

Keep in mind that if the playlist was recently created or modified it might take up to 48 hours for it to become properly synched with our servers.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

MihailModerator

Highlighted

Regular
Hi Mihail, I'm checking for the Secondary Account, but that's a hughe "no" from step 1 from us.
Also, we never linked our Company's Spotify account to our Facebook (and our company's facebook is a fanpage, so doesn't have actually a user to log in with); and all the playlists are created by the same user.
And there's no other profile on Spotify that matches our name (there are copycats, but that's other issue).
And finally, until last week we were able to manage this two playlists whitout any problem. We update this playlists every Thursday. We did not change a thing since then.
I'm 100% positive this is a platform problem.

But (and here's the only "but" I can think of) we did receive the badge of certified by Spotify last week, or the week after that. Could it be that that's creating an issue? I'll think not, but at the same time we had a similar situation with Instagram last year, so I'm guessing that's might be part of the problem. (But then again, last week we did updated our playlists without any issue)
Highlighted

Hey @fjcordara,

Thanks for posting back and for checking for possible secondary accounts.

At this point I recommend that you reach out to our Customer Support team here. They'll happily investigate this further and check what has happened with your playlist and help you add songs to them once more.

Also please keep in mind that Spotify is intended only for private, non-commercial use. Perhaps Spotify for Brands could be a more fitting solution for you. You can find out more here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS