A song in my playlist won't download

Plan

Premium

Country

Estonia

Device

All devices

My Question or Issue

A specific song on my playlist refuses to download, it isn't a local file and it's available to everyone. It also shouldn't be a podcast. The song in question is 

https://open.spotify.com/track/4BE7KQ5smTvWEFUF1rNHAu?si=4rIs41UsSBOVVrDfm2ArNg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

At first i thought that it was an error due to liscensing rights, some songs from spotify being unavailable for download. But i tryed it myself and it worked.

Here are some reasons you may not be able to downlowd it:

Make sure you have enough space on the device you are trying to download the song in question.

You can check how much storage you have on your phone directly in the Spotify app:

1. Tap the settings icon in the upper-right corner of your home screen.

2. Scroll down and tap "Storage."

3. Your phone's available space will be displayed on the screen

Additionally, if you are getting an error message saying that you've reached the download limit, it is because you have already downloaded the maximum of 10,000 songs on your account.

If you want to download more, you'll need to get rid of old downloads. Don't worry, you can still listen to these songs when you're online.

You can also only download songs on up to five devices. Spotify should automatically delete the downloads from the least used device, but make sure manually by going trough this steps

2. Scroll down and tap "Devices."

3. Your connected devices will be displayed on the screen.

Hopefully this helped you. Please let me know how it goes and if i can assist you even more!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey,

At first i thought that it was an error due to liscensing rights, some songs from spotify being unavailable for download. But i tryed it myself and it worked.

Here are some reasons you may not be able to downlowd it:

Make sure you have enough space on the device you are trying to download the song in question.

You can check how much storage you have on your phone directly in the Spotify app:

2. Scroll down and tap "Storage."

3. Your phone's available space will be displayed on the screen

Additionally, if you are getting an error message saying that you've reached the download limit, it is because you have already downloaded the maximum of 10,000 songs on your account.

If you want to download more, you'll need to get rid of old downloads. Don't worry, you can still listen to these songs when you're online.

You can also only download songs on up to five devices. Spotify should automatically delete the downloads from the least used device, but make sure manually by going trough this steps

2. Scroll down and tap "Devices."

3. Your connected devices will be displayed on the screen.

Hopefully this helped you. Please let me know how it goes and if i can assist you even more!

EDIT: Looks like the issue has probably solved itself. The song downloaded properly now, it could've still been a licensing issue till now, we'll never know.

This issue is unfortunately only centred around that specific song, I added more songs and they downloaded just fine.
I think it's an issue with licensing rights, just like you said. So, it might be unavailable to download in Estonia, whereas the rest of the world is free to download.

Gald to hear you managed to downlowd your song!

Suggested posts