Premium

Country

US

Device

Windows / iOS

Operating System

Windows 10 / iOS 13.2.3

My Question or Issue

I have a song in my "Liked Songs" playlist called Ladi Dadi (feat. Wynter Gordon) - Tommy Trash remix. I play it quite often. Today when I played the song, it played a different (somewhat related song).

The song still appears as as "Ladi Dadi (feat. Wynter Gordon) - Tommy Trash" still in my playlist (and the "Whats currently playing" panel), but when I play it, it plays "Ladi Dadi Noisestorm Remix". 
When I right click on the song and click "Copy Song Link", it does indeed link to "Ladi Dadi Noisestorm Remix", despite it still being labeled "Ladi Dadi (feat. Wynter Gordon) - Tommy Trash" in my playlist.

I have two questions:
Why did a song in my playlist suddenly change to something else?
If it changed to something else, why is it labelled as one thing, but plays (and links to) a different song?

1 Reply

Hey @Triebr,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

To answer your questions, the info associated with a song (such as 'title' and 'artist') depends on what metadata the songs' distributor uploads to Spotify. If you'd like to know more about what type of metadata Spotify deals with and how such processes work, take a look at this Spotify for Artists answer.

If, like in this case, you notice that the info about a song on Spotify is incorrect, you can report it by following the steps featured in this support site article.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts