Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to Make a Personal Playlist "Private/Public" Disappeared?

Solved!

Ability to Make a Personal Playlist "Private/Public" Disappeared?

Hi,

I have just noticed as I created a new playlist that the option to make it "private/public" is not available anymore... Anyone else has the same problem? I liked the idea of having some of my playlists public and others private, but now it seems like all the playlists you create can only be public? I have attached a screenshot of what I see when I right-click on one of my personal playlists.

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 2.36.19 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @jpfgfr,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

The “Make Public/Make Secret” playlist privacy command has been renamed “Add to profile/Remove from profile”; you can select “Add to profile” so that a playlist appears on your Spotify profile, or “Remove from profile” so that a playlist won’t appear on your Spotify profile.

This is a recent change that came with Spotify’s new playlist privacy settings that have already been added for the mobile app. The new “Make public/Make private” setting controls whether a playlist can be accessed by Spotify users other than its creator (even if the playlist link has already been shared with others); however, this setting has not yet been rolled out for the desktop app.

Also, as is described in this support article, playlists you create will not appear on your Spotify profile by default. However, you can switch this anytime on the desktop app, which will apply the changes to all devices:

1. Select Settings by clicking this icon in the top-right: TreyAnastasio_0-1636122610217.png

2. Under Social, switch off/on Make my new playlists public.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @jpfgfr,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

The “Make Public/Make Secret” playlist privacy command has been renamed “Add to profile/Remove from profile”; you can select “Add to profile” so that a playlist appears on your Spotify profile, or “Remove from profile” so that a playlist won’t appear on your Spotify profile.

This is a recent change that came with Spotify’s new playlist privacy settings that have already been added for the mobile app. The new “Make public/Make private” setting controls whether a playlist can be accessed by Spotify users other than its creator (even if the playlist link has already been shared with others); however, this setting has not yet been rolled out for the desktop app.

Also, as is described in this support article, playlists you create will not appear on your Spotify profile by default. However, you can switch this anytime on the desktop app, which will apply the changes to all devices:

1. Select Settings by clicking this icon in the top-right: TreyAnastasio_0-1636122610217.png

2. Under Social, switch off/on Make my new playlists public.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you very much, it makes more sense now!

Suggested posts