Accessing local files on a public playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone, Desktop

My Question or Issue

I was browsing public playlists and came across a complete collection of Uzi and noticed there was local files on the playlist (grayed song). It looks as if some songs were once on spotify but taken down (due to copyright maybe because these are leaked songs, these songs are grayed) and songs that were possibly regular local files that the creator uploaded from their device. the playlist link is Here. 

is there any way for me to play these local files that are on someone else's public playlist? And are the songs that have album covers and "artists" (most of these artists are pages that leak songs) just previous songs that have been archived where you cant play them but they are still viewable as grayed songs.

I understand this can be quite confusing, thank you in advance for any help.

1 Reply

Hey there @conor_mcbride11!

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this!

I checked out the playlist you've sent and the grayed out songs in it are no longer available on Spotify in the US. 

It doesn't look like they are uploaded as local files - you can check that on the desktop version as those files should have an arrow icon next to the date added column.

Also, right now local files can only be played from the account they were uploaded.

Spotify works hard to constantly add music to its content database. We'd love to have all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. Alternatively, you can always contact the artist or record label with your query as well.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts