Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally deleted songs from playlist - want to revert playlist to previous version

Solved!

Accidentally deleted songs from playlist - want to revert playlist to previous version

Plan - Free

Country - UK

Device - Desktop PC

Operating System - Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have been reorganising my music libraries across my devices and services (such as google play music, etc.). I made a big mistake and I'm panicking a bit, so help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 main Spotify playlists:

• The standard, auto generated "liked songs" one.
  • A playlist full of songs imported from my Google Play music a few years ago, called "Google Play Music". 

Problem 1) As I was removing duplicate songs between "Google Play Music" and "liked songs", I accidentally removed about half of "Google Play Music". This was about a week ago. I would like to revert "Google Play Music" to a version that is older than 1 week as I haven't edited it otherwise in months.

Problem 2) I wanted to check how many songs were in my liked songs. I pressed CTRL+A then DEL, thinking it would give me a confirmation message with the number of songs to be deleted (like it does within user-made playlists) but instead it just obliterated over 800 songs, and even CTRL+Z wouldn't bring it back. I would like to revert my "liked songs" back to any version prior to today (01/09/2020)

Problem 1 is less of a concern than Problem 2, but it would be a great help if it can be solved. I desperately want to retrieve all of my "liked songs" again. Please help!

Many thanks and kind regards,

Jamie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @ThatJamieSGuy,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I recommnend contacting Customer Support and asking them to restore your Liked Songs and “Google Play Music” playlists to an earlier state; they’ll take a look and do their best to help.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @ThatJamieSGuy,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I recommnend contacting Customer Support and asking them to restore your Liked Songs and “Google Play Music” playlists to an earlier state; they’ll take a look and do their best to help.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts