Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account used by other user - how long will it take for my music taste to update?

Account used by other user - how long will it take for my music taste to update?

Plan

Free

My Question or Issue

I have had an account for many years but only started actively using Spotify recently. Upon doing so, I noticed someone else had been using my account (for maybe a year) so I changed the password, remotely logged them out, etc. The problem is, their music taste was the polar opposite of mine and they were located in another country, so now my weekly recommendations and half my daily mixes are full of French mumble rap. How long is it going to be until recommendations are relevant, and is there something else besides just listening to music I like I can do affect them?

1 Reply

Hello @bluebanana420,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you've had another person using your account for a year it might take a while before you stop seeing that persons music. So in your case we recommend creating a new account and moving all your music from your old to your new account. You'll also need to cancel your subscription and resubscribe on your new account.

Here's an article that explains how you can do this. You'll get rid of that other users music instantly. Be sure not to move any of his/her music over though!

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts