Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads keep playing when listening to podcasts or music although I have a Premium account

Solved!

Ads keep playing when listening to podcasts or music although I have a Premium account

Plan

Spotify - Premium for Family

Country

France

Device

(iPhone 6, Ipad Mini 2018)

My Question or Issue

Even though I pay for the Spotify Premium version so I can enjoy music and podcasts without having to listen to Ads. Spotify keeps playing ads, sometimes before the podcast starts, sometimes at the very end. I have noticed these Ads are not related to the podcasts I listen a lot, because the language changes depending on the country I am, and the information within the Ads is completely unrelated to the podcast I'm listening. I would really appreciate to have more input on why this is happening when having a Premium account, and most importantly, how can I make this ads stop playing while listening to music or podcasts. Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I’m happy to help! As far as I am aware, these advertisements are allowed on Spotify, so you’ll need to get in touch with the creator (if possible) to get more information about whether they use Spreaker/are willing to stop.

Have a wonderful day 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey! Sorry to hear you’re having trouble!

I was wondering if you could confirm that the ads are typical Spotify ads?

If not, the podcast creator might be using Spreaker, a company that makes software & other services for podcast distribution, and what it does is embeds the ads (i.e. the ads aren't through Spotify itself, but rather there is data encoded in the files that call Spreaker's ad servers so that no matter where someone is listening to it--Spotify, iTunes, iHeartRadio--it'll still make money).

Here's an article about it if you're curious:

For more info check out this topic

Hope you’re able to resolve your issues 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

Dear eltoch,
Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Is there any way to verify if the podcast creator is using this platform to embed ads? If so, is this allowed? Or is it possible to report this issue/abuse so the creator stop doing so when uploading podcasts on Spotify?
PS: I don’t know if the ads are Spotify-related because many times they played in languages I don’t understand.
Many thanks in advance for your assistance.
Marked as solution

I’m happy to help! As far as I am aware, these advertisements are allowed on Spotify, so you’ll need to get in touch with the creator (if possible) to get more information about whether they use Spreaker/are willing to stop.

Have a wonderful day 🙂

Spotify : Would you like to watch this ad for 30 minutes of ad free music?

Me: No thanks *hits no thanks button*

Spotify: Screw you *plays 2 ads*

lol, buggy much? Even after watching the ad for 30 mins no ads it plays ads between ads anyways... nice job guys! 

Hey @Splatifyisbuggy,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We'd recommend starting a new thread in the relevant board, we'll be happy to help further with this issue. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No need for a new topic, would just like Spotify to do what it says and amke sure it works. Won't buy premium till these issues are fixed.

Hi @Splatifyisbuggy

Thanks for your reply. 

In order to take a better look at this issue, we'll need to have more info on the devices where this is happening and try some troubleshooting steps. 

Also, since your account is on the free service and this topic was for Premium users, it would be better to have it in a different thread so that other users experiencing this issue can find it easier.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just bought family premium package and shared with my first family member and they are still getting ads, before and almost after every song? 

Hey there @UnhappyPremium

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

If they have accepted the invite successfully, they shouldn't be getting ads. In this case, you can ask them to log out and then log back in to their account twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between their account and device. 

If that doesn't do the trick, it's possible that they have another account and they accepted the invite with the one they don't use. They can check this by following the steps here

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts