Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I noticed today that all of a sudden, the album artwork for one artist in particular that I listen to has all gone black and white. None of the other artists in my liked songs/main library have been affected this way. The tracks still play absolutely fine at the moment but I'm just wondering what could be causing this. Many thanks.

Photo 07-10-2019, 10 14 06.png
Photo 07-10-2019, 10 14 20.png
7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 13.1.2

If possible try that with another Spotify account to make sure it's not a geo restriction from the artist.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks Loxer. I've just tried removing and reinstalling Spotify, and also restarting my device but neither of those have worked. I'm starting to think it's problem with the app itself because in addition to the greyed out artwork, it has decided to randomly 'undownload' (for want of a better term) all my liked songs and other playlists so I have just had to redownload them all so I can listen offline. The 'download' toggle is otherwise always on and so I have never had this before. I have not toggled it off myself.

My apologies, I actually am on iOS 12 and not 10 as stated. I will update to the latest version and see if that helps. I'm not sure how to check with another Spotify account - I'm thinking maybe ask someone I know who has an account to look?

I am running 8.5.26.893 version of Spotify.

Weird, perhaps this just for Depeche Mode??

I just saw this on my PC running Windows, so it's the Windows client.

All my Depeche Mode STUDIO albums are greyed out, but the live albums aren't.

Songs play fine still, but it's just... weird?

Yes, I got a family member to check on their account and all the Depeche studio albums were greyed out for them too. Not sure why!

Oh please god, it's a **bleep** marketing thing...

Check out the album covers in this box set.

http://www.depechemode.com/article/depeche-mode-announce-mode-box-set

How stupid...

Oh wow hahaha well it works cause now I know about it!

@petermorck wrote:

Oh please god, it's a **bleep** marketing thing...

Check out the album covers in this box set.

http://www.depechemode.com/article/depeche-mode-announce-mode-box-set

How stupid...

This makes total sense now. We've been trying to figure this out for two weeks! Lolol

Suggested posts