Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums and artists tabs

Albums and artists tabs

Hi there!

I want to discuss library sorting order. More than a year I've been tortured by this UI and this thing seems never gonna stop. I can not understand this logic when I see only full saved albums and only followed artists in my collection. I just want to know the pros of this way of sorting because everything I see is only cons.

I've tried to suggest ideas but they were declined because of "duplicate" or getting not enough cudos. Well it seems like everyone is satisfied with this except me isn't it?

You may say that I can hide specific tracks but pardon me do I really have to waste my time to hide dozens of recordings now? This is absurd. What do you think?

4 Replies

Hi there @crying_unicorn,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, do you mean that you only see your saved music when you enter the artist tab?

It would be great if you can provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I mean that after liking some song I don't see it's album it in "Albums" I have to roll down to recommended albums and discover that I got not only one song I liked but also other ones. Why? Also I have to go down to recommended artists just because I haven't followed them. Why??

2021-04-11 12_22_03-Window.png
2021-04-11 12_20_56-.png
2021-04-11 12_21_11-Window.png

Hi again @crying_unicorn,

Thanks for your reply and for the extra info.

When you Like a song from an album, that album isn't saved to your Albums section in the app. To save an album to the Albums section, you must Like the album itself by tapping the heart icon next to the green Play button.

The same happens with artists - only the ones you follow will appear in the Artists section. Since the album hasn't been saved and you don't follow the artist, but you have songs from that album/artist, they appear on the Recommended albums/artists section.

If you want to listen to a specific album or artist, but only listen to the songs you've liked from them, you can filter your Liked Songs playlist by clicking Ctrl + F and typing the name of the album or artist you want to listen to.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I know how it works but I'm trying to say that exactly this way is the problem. Instead of finding songs by big cover image now I have to waste time with typing things and keep hundreds of names in my head. Some albums/songs/artists named with a foreign letters that I don't know and I simply can't type them to find things I want to listen to. This is just around zero usability.

Furthermore I don't understand why I have to follow artist if I enjoy just a couple songs and press like button in album if I don't like it completely.

This don't make any sense to me. Do you really think that's better way than before? Do you even use spotify?

Suggested posts