Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums keep getting sorted by recently added (PC)

Albums keep getting sorted by recently added (PC)

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My saved albums used to be sorted by artist, which I like. Now with the update the default is "recently added". When I use the drop down to select by "creator" it works fine. However, it keeps resetting to the default. Please fix this!

7 Replies

Hey @Japieee,

Thanks for reaching out.

The sorting order should remain with the last used setting when you restart the app. If that's not the case it's possible that the apps cache is corrupted and causing the issue. To that end, could you perform a clean reinstall using the steps here and see if that sets thigs straight?

If it doesn't, could you log in on another device and letting us know if it comes up there as well? We'd also appreciate it if you share the Spotify version you're running.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Clean Install did not fix the issue.

Hey @ccd0c,

Thanks for posting and for the troubleshooting you did. 

Does this happen across multiple devices or only one? If you could log in with another account and let us know if you can replicate the behavior there as well, that would help us a lot if identifying the root cause. You can use a friend or family members or create a free one with another email address here.

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator

5th time I try to write this reply, since this community page doesn't recognize my login anymore, than I get unexpected errors while posting.

The issue occurs on the only windows 10 device I am using.
My other devices are all non windows.
I created a test account just like you asked. This account doesn't get the new design (even on the same installation) where again users who want to primarily listen to albums are punished again by spotify. Just like every update for several years now which made thinks consistantly worse in the client. Functions were taken out and the album overview gets shoveled ever deeper into the last corner of the client.
Since the test account doesn't get the new design it works there. The albums are already sorted by creator by default, just like I wanted, but to test it, I switched it and it gets carried over from application start to application start.
On the same installation this account, for which I pay money, does not have this really basic function anymore.

Please get a QA department and don't use me for this.

Hey @ccd0c,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Could you tell us the current app version on the PC? It's also a good idea to check if there are updates for Spotify with these steps.

If there are updates, it's important that you are logged in to your original account before trying the steps.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

After forcing another update it now works.

Hey @ccd0c,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and everything is running smoothly again.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Stay safe! 

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts