Plan

Premium

Country

Device

desktop app windows

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Not sure how recent an update this is but I can't remove an album from my "Albums" page in the Libary on any platform if it has one or more liked songs.  Is there some way to get it to work that I am missing?   I'm not sure why every time I like a song it would permanently  add it to a the albums section since I previouly was using that just to flag albums I wanted to eventually listen to.  Now I can't even tell what is what it is so cluttered.

spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

...and a full app reinstall fixed this.  All set.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey, @skinheadisland 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could you check on your phone if this happening there too? If it is, maybe you've saved/downloaded the album on your phone and then now it will appear on the Albums section. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It definitely isn't saved on my phone either. Is there some cache purging I can do on either the device or the desktop app?

Actually I can now see this is only happening on the desktop app and that is what I can't seem to find a cache purge option for (found it on the mobile).

Marked as solution

...and a full app reinstall fixed this.  All set.

Hey again, @skinheadisland 

Well done! It would be the next suggestion! Happy to know that you solved your issue. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts