Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa won't play podcast playlist

Alexa won't play podcast playlist

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 3 / Echo

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

If I create a Spotify playlist and fill it with music, I can play it through my Echo devices. If I remove the music and add podcast episodes, it becomes undiscoverable, although I can cast it to the Echo from the Android app. Is this expected behavior?

3 Replies

Hi @MarkT322,

Welcome to the Community 🙂 

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues. You can also set Spotify as default device.

It's a good idea to try disconnecting the Spotify account in the Alexa App. Then you can log out of the Alexa app and reconnect.

Additionally, we recommend taking a look at this article to check if those steps work for you. 

Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

doesn't work

Hey @barracksrat81,

Could you let us know what happens if you try to start the podcast playlist via a voice command?
Are you experiencing the same behaviour, described by @MarkT322? Can individual podcasts be played?
We'd also like to know what devices you have tested this with and what their models & OS versions are.

Note: It's worth a shot to check out this issue we have under investigation as well & in case it's the same as yours, please leave a comment so we can alert the right folks 🙂
We'll be here for you in the meantime in case your issue is somewhat different!
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts