Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Autoplay - Exclude songs from parent playlist.

[All Platforms][Playlists] Autoplay - Exclude songs from parent playlist.

For a few days already, including the day of this feedback's creation date, i face really uncomfortable situation.

I have my 'Best of the Best' playlist with many songs. To fill up more to that playlist i use Autoplay\Continious play which offers good choices of similar songs and tracks.

Problem here:
On purpose i start my playlist with last song and simply click on 'next song' button to initiate Autoplay\Continious play to find more songs i would like, and maybe add to playlist. But Autoplay starts to play songs from my playlist aswell. Even application says 'It's already in playlist' when i did check if Autoplay suggestion already in playlist or not.

Can it be done so Autoplay would check playlist from which it started and exclude tracks from that playlist for it's queue?
Since my playlist of favorite songs is kinda parent playlist for Autoplay, there is no need to suggest and play tracks i already have there.

7 Replies

Hy @Aeon1704 ,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Sounds like something's not working as expected since you should receive suggestions from outside your own playlist as you start a Radio based on the last playlist's song.

How about performing a clean reinstall of the app? That should make the app ready for a fresh and optimal performance.

Let us know how you get on with that. We'll be here and look out for you reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It didn't help.
Autoplay still queue songs from playlist even after fresh install.
Possible reason here that they are not listed as 'previosly played' before the autoplay started. As i said i simply start the last song in playlist and initiate Autoplay without listening to whole playlist by clicking 'next' in player control.

But, usually, before doing that i do listen to another playlist with non-vocal music, which i like while playing games. On that playlist i do not use Autoplay.

Hi there @Aeon1704,

Thanks for the info.

Can you try to Start Playlist Radio (from the 3-dot menu) instead of playing the last song of the playlist and continuing with Autoplay?

Let us know if that provides a different result in recommendations.

AlexModerator

This aswell does the same. Playlist and song suggestions formed from Start Playlist Radio repeats songs i have in playlist.

First two songs of Playlist Radio were repeats from playlist.

Hi there @Aeon1704,

Thanks for the reply.

We've consulted the right team backstage and they've confirmed to us that it's possible for the Autoplay algorithm to play songs which are already in the playlist itself in larger playlists. So this is expected behavior. 

A possible workaround in this case would be to split your playlist into a few smaller ones.

Hope you find this information useful.

AlexModerator

Does this algorithm adds songs marked as 'Favorite' into playlist?
So far i have my big playlist with favorite songs, but they are not marked as 'Favorite' in library.

Hi there @Aeon1704,

The Favorite/Liked songs can be part of any playlist you create. They're also stored in your Liked Songs playlist, which updates automatically every time you press the green heart button on a song. 

If you've pressed the little hear icon on a song it gets automatically added to your Liked songs playlist.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts