Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Improve the functionality to block artists in Release Radar

[All Platforms][Playlists] Improve the functionality to block artists in Release Radar

I'm a huge fan of the personalized playlists like the Release Radar. However, what I don't like is the fact that some artists still show up in my list, although I blocked these artists on their page already. Some of these songs seem unplayable by default, but when casting the playlist to a different device Spotify still plays them.

Admittedly, I listened to these artists before and I even hearted a few older songs, which I still like. However, while some of them (mostly DJ's) seem to release a new song/mix/collaboration every week, they are not relevant at all anymore. I would like to be able to ignore all their new or unknown work.

A similar problem arises with artists whose name is similar to a favourite of mine. Asia, Rainbow, Eloy, Ocean: the rock band is great, the rapper is annoying. It happens a lot that the 'wrong artist' shows up with a song Spotify thinks it's the artist I like. It would be nice not to see them at all, or get a new song instead in the Release Radar when Spotify notices the mistake.

Could you improve the functionality so these artists won't show up anymore in my personalized playlists, except perhaps in the Daily Mixes with the already hearted songs?

0 Replies

Suggested posts