Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Radio] Don't play this artist - on all platforms linked to account

Solved!

[All Platforms][Radio] Don't play this artist - on all platforms linked to account

Let me illustrate the problem: Last years "most played" included an artist I can't stand and insta-skips during the first few seconds of them playing. I listen to a lot of radio/playlists, and this artist keeps popping up. I usually just skip, but I'm beeing absolutely pounded with plays of this artist - to the point of it popping up as a most played artist thoughout the year. I find that to be as amazing (not in a good way) as it is annoying.

Please implement the "don't play this artist" on all platforms and link it to the user profile. Although it gives me joy to finally be able to auto-skip this artist on Android, the tedium of having to do so on different platforms for different artists will get old fast. And no. I won't like the artist more when using Windows or MacOS. Believe it or not - the OS is not a deciding factor there.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @skipskipskip,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

The "Don't play this Artist" setting should apply on all devices you're accessing your account on once you've selected it. With this in mind, we hope you don't mind us moving your thread back to the Help boards.

If you're having troubles seeing this setting applied on the desktop app, we'd suggest logging out and back in to shake things up.

Let us know how you get on! we'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @skipskipskip,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

The "Don't play this Artist" setting should apply on all devices you're accessing your account on once you've selected it. With this in mind, we hope you don't mind us moving your thread back to the Help boards.

If you're having troubles seeing this setting applied on the desktop app, we'd suggest logging out and back in to shake things up.

Let us know how you get on! we'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

How do I do this on desktop? and does this affect any and all places where the disliked song/artist might be played (asides going directly to the song/artist?)

Suggested posts