Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Radio] Remove song from autoplay

Solved!

[All Platforms][Radio] Remove song from autoplay

Is it possible to remove a song that keeps playing during sessions of autoplay?

'Playground' by Steve Lacy ALWAYS plays when I'm autoplay listening. I hate it. Please is there a 'blacklist' option that I can add this song to so that it will never autoplay? The Spotify algorithm is torturing me.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @andy_tran,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Hide this song on the desktop app as you wish to do at the moment.

As @Ver mentioned - you can go to this idea and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Once again - thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Experiencing something similar with some tracks. Whenever Autoplay starts at some point it propose me always the same tracks. I liked Autoplay in the past as it would let me discover new music, now I'm kind of scared to enable it

Hey @andy_tran and @babaMM,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

You can stop a certain track from playing on your mobile device by opening its album and then taping the three-dots menu next to the song. From there you can select he option Hide this song

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mihail personally I think there's something wrong with the algorithm, it started few months ago if I remember correctly. In addition, there's no such "Hide this song" option in the desktop app for Linux.

Hey there @babaMM,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We are constantly striving to improve our app and the experience with it. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right team.

You can also head here and add your +Vote to the thread. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Hi @Ver,
the thing is, today the same song was put 3 times by Autoplay, I think is a bug, nothing to implement really.. I mean, is a nice feature, would be a shame to loose it.

Hi @babaMM,

Thanks for your reply.

We've passed this info to the right team. 

If you really dislike a song from a certain artist you can Hide it from the Mobile app. Note that on Desktop it will still be playable. One way around this would be to select the Don't play this option from the Artist's profile page (again through the 3-dot menu using the Mobile app). This way if you try playing a song from that artist on any device, you'll get a notification that you must unblock the artist first. 

Hope this clears things up. 

Give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

Hi @Alex

sorry, but it's not about really disliking a song, I might even like it... Again, I use Spotify primarily to discover things I don't know, and I've discovered a lot in the past thanks to the Autoplay functionality, which would usually and often propose me artist and songs I wouldn't know. This is not the case anymore, and it might be even a design choice...

Hi @Alex @Mihail @Ver

Thanks for being receptive to my issue.

The hide this song button should be on the desktop app. I'm following up here again because 'Playground' played once again (for the 100th time) on autoplay for me on desktop. I'm both a heavy mobile and mac desktop Spotify user and if I could hide this song on desktop I promise to buy some Spotify stock.

Marked as solution

Hey @andy_tran,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Hide this song on the desktop app as you wish to do at the moment.

As @Ver mentioned - you can go to this idea and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Once again - thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts