Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

An album called Discover Weekly prevents Google Assistant from playing my Discover Weekly playlist

An album called Discover Weekly prevents Google Assistant from playing my Discover Weekly playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

There is an album titled "Discover Weekly" which prevents voice assistants like Google Assistant from playing my Discover Weekly playlist. If I tell Google to "Play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify" it plays this album instead of my curated playlist. 

Link to album:

https://open.spotify.com/album/6LxBbtZzMG7sfcBql8cKq4?si=EDUk1wFgRPGO7q3F21mXcw&utm_source=copy-link

4 Replies

Hey there @tozyjay

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

In this case, we suggest that you head over to this thread and check the Top Answer for more info about this. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

After reading some topics relating to this i found that asking Google Assistant to play MY discover weekly, it now plays the correct one!

I did hide that album before this and also blocked ("don't play this") all the artists on that album (after which it didn't play anymore, but didn't play anything else either). There should be a possibility to "don't play this" for albums and songs as well as artists. 

Hey @denizm,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand where you're coming from, and we appreciate your comments in the matter. We'd like you to know other users had similar requests, so they posted some ideas about them in our Idea Boards. We located these ones:

Even though the status are set as Close Closed and Closed - Not Enough Votes, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to the ideas to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

What about for podcasts? 

Suggested posts