Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] How to get local files out of my liked songs?

[Android] How to get local files out of my liked songs?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

A couple days ago I imported my local files into the app. It's quite a lot of files (like 2.5k) and Spotify added them all right into my favourites (I expected a new playlist called 'Local songs'  or something along those lines...) and now this unsorted mess of music that I collected over the years is clogging up my favourites and breaking the flow of Songs that I have added in recent times into pre and post calamity songs.

1. Please don't just dump local files into the favourites. wth

2. How the heck do I get them out of there again? Surely you won't make me click and confirm unlike manually 2500 times, right?

I have looked through the options like a madman the past couple days but cannot find an option to undo the import (remove local files, unimport...)

I tried reinstalling but it didn't do anything.

All related questions point to menu options that don't exist where described so I assume the layout has changed and maybe the functionality been taken out for some reason?

The SD card where the files are on is deselcted in 'storage' and the 'import' section only shows local files on the phone to import as well (=not on the sd card but the phone's storage)

Please help

0 Replies

Suggested posts