Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung S20FE

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Say I search for an album. I enter the album, then I click the three dots, and choose add to playlist, and then create new playlist. Shouldn't the app then suggest the title of the playlist, since it sees that I saved an album as a playlist. Ex. "The Beatles - The White Album". Didn't it do this in the past? Now, it's just an empty field, and I have to type it in myself. Am I using the app in an old fashioned way, perhaps?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DrOnline,

Thanks for the post.

This is expected behaviour. At the moment the Android app can't track if the new playlist you want to create is coming from an Album to copy the name. If you skip the naming process it will just create it with a number like #1 etc.

On the Desktop app, adding albums to playlists will create them with the name of the Album, but not the artist.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @DrOnline,

Thank you for reaching out in the Community

From some Android devices this is not the expected behavior. However - you should be able to enter a name of your choice to the new created playlist. Are you given that option?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes I am able to manually enter the name, but the issue is this:

If you use the Windows PC Spotify application, and follow the steps I outlined in my first post, the album will automatically be added as a playlist with the "Artist - Album" name format. No questions asked. I can then rename it if I want. This is the logical functionality.

On the phone app (at least on Android, I have not tried iOS), there is no suggested title whatsoever, and I must enter it myself. That's not a reasonable functionality, because the program knows I added The Beatles - The White Album, and that should be added, and then I should be given the option to modify that, if I wanted to, for whatever reason.

Marked as solution

Hey @DrOnline,

Thanks for the post.

This is expected behaviour. At the moment the Android app can't track if the new playlist you want to create is coming from an Album to copy the name. If you skip the naming process it will just create it with a number like #1 etc.

On the Desktop app, adding albums to playlists will create them with the name of the Album, but not the artist.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts