Country

UK

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

I have the same issue as the thread that is in the following link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains...

Where if I view my Artists page it does not show any of the albums or saved ongs under the artist (it shows no artists). If I like an artist it absically links their page which is not wha I want (nor what the link above user wanted, and I suspect many more).

On the above link, it states this has been changed and now works as I desire, however this is not the case. It suggests "If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards"; so here is the new topic.

Hope someone can help as this has made me download Apple Music which has the above functionality exactly as I want it. 

5 Replies

Hey @richardibarnes,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. This will build the app files from the ground up and make sure that any damaged ones that might be causing this behavior get removed.

If that doesn't fix things could you let us know if the Artists section functions as intended when you log in on another device? If you could borrow a friend or family members account and try that one on your iPhone as well, that would help the troubleshooting a lot. Please include in your reply also the Spotify app version that you see on your device.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello.

I tried the clean reinstall on my device and it didn’t work.

logging in on my iPad the artist view doesn’t work.

It also doesn’t appear using my wife’s log in.

the app version on my iPhone is 8.5.86.739

ive attached screenshots to show I have saved albums but the artists page is empty.

IMG_5454.PNG
IMG_5455.PNG

Hey @richardibarnes,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It would seem that the screenshots failed to upload correctly. Would you mind attaching them again? You can use the Insert Photo option in  the Post Editor. 

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - with bot your and your wife's account you get the same result on both the iPad and iPhone, correct? Could you please share the  model, OS version and Spotify version of the iPad? Also - when you click on an artist in your library, do all of them, or just some bring up the artist page and not the saved songs? We'd appreciate it if you give it a go with a few different ones, preferably such with sizable difference in the saved content. 

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator

Hello @mihail

I've re-uploaded the screenshots and they now show in the thread.

I get the same result on both my iPhone and my iPad with both my account and my wife's account.

The iPad is running iOS14.2 and Spotify is Version 8.5.86.739

As you will see from the screenshot, no artists appear in the artists page, even though I have albums saved. If I then follow an artist, they will show in the Artists page but will be taken to their page, not just the albums I have saved. Also, if I follow an artist where I have more than one saved album, it will show all the liked songs in one long list at the top of the Artists page.

Hey @richardibarnes,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies for the confusion, liking a track or saving an album no longer automatically adds that artist to your Artists section. They will instead appear there if you follow them. If you click on them it will show a list of liked songs and albums, and if there aren't any - bring up the Artist page.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts