Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist wont properly get blocked, need to add feature to block genres.

Artist wont properly get blocked, need to add feature to block genres.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone XS MAX

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I keep getting K-POP recommended and its VERY annoying. I dislike K-POP and I don't even understand the language, as I am Canadian. I have never listened to K-POP and have never added a K-POP song to my library. My account is for personal use only and I have never lent it to anyone. I have blocked every K-POP artist that showed up but I still get them recommended. It is also very annoying and time consuming ( and to be honest impossible ) to go around blocking every single K-POP artist, please just give us the option to block genres that we dislike. It's not like I'm going to change my mind and start listening to K-POP if Spotify continues to recommend it to me, if you're not planning to add the option to block certain genres, at least get the job of blocking artists done right. I really do not understand why I continue to get Korean/Chinese/Japanese/Asian songs recommended to me. This is very frustrating for me and I don't want to stop and switch songs every 10 minutes because I don't understand what the song is saying. This has almost provoked me to unsubscribe on numerous occasions, please get this fixed soon.

1 Reply

Hi there @Christian0921,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

First of all, i want to point out the if you're experiencing odd behavior on your account i recommend starting with the steps provided here.

Then, give your account 24-48 hrs for changes to apply and see it the issue continues.

In addition, i would also recommend you add your idea of genre blocking to the "Ideas" section of the community for users to be able to add their +VOTE and comment to promote it.

If you're unsure of how to submit one, you can read all about the steps here.

Spotify takes its users feedback very seriously and you can read all about how this feedback reaches Spotify factors here.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts