Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists Section in Your Library Doesn't Show All Followed Artists

Artists Section in Your Library Doesn't Show All Followed Artists

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8 & All Windows PC

Operating System

Android 9 Pie & Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I currently have two issues with Your Library.

1. Some followed artists don't appear in the Artist section of Your Library (e.g. AC/DC) even though it says that I follow them on the artist page. I've tried unfollowing and following again but it will only appear temporarily in the Artist section just to disappear again when I restart the application.

2. When I click on an artist on the Artist section of Your Library most of them will bring me to the list of saved songs (songs that are saved because I saved the albums, not because I liked the songs) sorted by albums' alphabetical names but a few of them will bring me straight to the artist page.

I have a huge music collection and I just recently migrated from Google Play Music, being interested in your algorithm, and this is driving me crazy. I haven't even exceeded the 10,000 items limit on any section or playlist.

Could you please help me? Thank you.

11 Replies

Hey there @artjoa

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

What you're experiencing with the app's Artist tab might be related to a known issue that we're currently investigating. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Also, keep in mind the limit allowing you to save only up to 10,000 items in your Spotify library is no longer in effect - now you can start saving as many tracks as you want! 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that the link that you provided is related to my 2nd issue. The artists that don't display saved songs and go straight to the artist page when you click it also don't display the number of saved songs on the Artist section of your library even though I saved their songs through saving their albums (e.g. The Alchemist).

Moreover, how about my 1st issue?

Annotation 2020-06-22 194321.png

Hey @artjoa

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Our tech team is currently looking into the origin of any issues occurring with the Artists tab.

It's possible that the cause for both issues is the same as far as it only affects the same app section. That's why we direct users to vote for this Ongoing Issue since our investigation might result in solving this in general. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

I have the same issue where artists I follow and have liked songs from, are not showing up under Artists in my Library. If this is a known issue, then the app is broken and needs to be fixed. We shouldn't have to vote on Spotify fixing a busted app should we? Most developers know if something is broken it needs to be fixed. Absolutely ridiculous that this is even a suggestion for fixing the app. Spotify is a bad joke with no punch line.

Hey there @rocket_fish

Thanks for reaching out about this. We'll do our best to help you sort this out. 

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over your device's make, model, exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running? We'll take a better look. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As far as I know the list is limited to 1000 artists. If you follow more artists than that they won’t show up. 

https://twitter.com/mattjsuda/status/1265542769512271876?s=21

Hey @AeroZ and @rocket_fish,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We're sorry for the confusion, but it's indeed the case that if you follow more than 1,000 Artists it's possible that some of them won't get displayed in Artist section of Your Library. The right folks are aware of this and working on a solution, but we can't set a specific timeframe for when this issue will be fixed. For now, we recommend keeping an eye out for any updates to the the app, in order to make use of all fixes and improvement, as soon as they are available.

@rocket_fish can you confirm if you're near or above the 1,000 artists mark? If that's not the case, could you share if the steps that @Novy posted above helped?

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am only following 271 artists, or at least that is how many are showing up in the artist portion of my library. I am sure there are more as I mentioned some are not showing up. 

Your in luck (I'm a bit less lucky) as my phone decided to do a factory reset on it's own yesterday while in my pocket. So my phone and Spotify have all had a fresh reboot, reinstall. It had no effect and I am still missing artists. I knew this would be the case since the issue extends to all my devices I listen to Spotify on. The same artists are missing on my phone and desktop app. 

Since the issue is cross platform, I am pretty confident it is not my devices but since you asked the two I have in front of me are:

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / Android Version 11 / Spotify Version 8.6.12.986

MSI / Windows 10 / Spotify Version 11.55.498

Hey @rocket_fish,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Keep in mind that the Artists section contains the artists you’re following. If you've only saved a song by a performer, but haven't followed them - they won't appear there. You can find out more about how Your Library functions here

With that in mind, if artists you follow are missing from the Artist section - do they appear as followed when you open their Artist page? If they do, could you share a couple of screenshots of how such an Artist page appears at your end and of the Artist section in Your Library?

If they are unfollowed - it's a good idea to secure your account using the steps listed here. Additional info on how to protect your Spotify account can be found here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

@Mihail yes the artist only had liked songs and I was not following them. I remember unfollowing them some time ago since the artist was in their prime years and years ago and the new stuff coming out was just **bleep**. I didn't care about the new stuff so didn't want it in my Release Radar and so unfollowed them. I swear it used to be that if you liked songs by an artist, the artist would show up in your library. Not sure I understand why either this went away or this was never the case. Seems ridiculous to think if we like a song by an artist we wouldn't want the artist to show up in our library, regardless of if we want to follow them or not.  Thanks for your help.

Hey @rocket_fish,

Thanks for getting back to us and for keeping us in the loop.

The way saved content in Your Library is organized was changed a while back. If you'd like that performers you've saved songs by appear in the Artist section, we recommend that you submit an idea on our board that requests this feature. This page has detailed instructions on how to do this. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to keep track of what changes our users are interested in and how popular a certain idea is. Here you can find out how exactly your feedback reaches Spotify.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts