Artists not saving on desktop app

Plan

Free

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue
Whenever I follow an artist on the desktop app it saves to my artists library, but it doesn't sync up with the mobile app or the web player, and if I restart the app the artist is removed from my library, and if I go on their page it gives me the option to follow them, as if I never had in the first place.
This issue only effects the desktop app, not the mobile app or the web player, but it's an inconvenience as I mainly use the app on PC.
I've been having this problem for about a week, around that time I uninstalled the app on mobile, but I don't see how that would affect anything? 
I've tried the usual logging out and back in, completely reinstalling the desktop app and making sure everything was up to date, but this hasn't helped.
If anyone else is having this issue and knows a fix, that would be great.
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This problem doesn't happen on another account so I got in touch with support and they're transferring my data to a new account. 
Thanks for the help anyhow.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this!

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

We suggest that you make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.   

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this issue is only happening on one PC or on a different one as well?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,
I've performed a clean reinstall twice following the steps and installed the app from the Microsoft Store, and directly from the Spotify website, but this still hasn't helped.
The problem persists on a different computer, even with a different OS (macOS 10.15.4). Switching between 4g and WiFi also has no effect.
Thanks

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you check if there is any pending update of the OS of your PC?

On another note, would you mind asking a friend to log in their account in your PC to check if the issue persists on a different account?

Keep us in the loop 🙂 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

This problem doesn't happen on another account so I got in touch with support and they're transferring my data to a new account. 
Thanks for the help anyhow.

Hi @user-removed, 

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help 🙂

Have a great day!

EniModerator

Suggested posts