Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Auto Play still enabled whatever configured on settings

Auto Play still enabled whatever configured on settings

Hello, i don't know how i could report bug or contact directly Spotify for this kind of problem. Autoplay was activated without my consent and yes, i disabled it. But it's still persist for no reasons. I needs to know what's is going on. Someone can explain this for me or some one from Spotify Developper team? This upset me a bit when an music other than my playlist join the music track without my consent. I got Spotify Premium.

4 Replies

Hey @Wolfshards,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the Chats section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

The Autoplay feature allows similar music to be played after your playlist/album finishes. However, all users should be able to turn it off from the app settings.

Since this issue could be caused by some damaged cache stored on your device, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it'll get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble and make sure you have the latest version available.

After this process, check that the options "Autoplay on this device" and "Autoplay on other devices" are turned off and try again.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's solve my problem, but i hope there an option that sync our settings across platforms and devices. Discord did for his chat client. Maybe there something you can do in your music app? I found the problem that my setting was not sync together between my PC and Android. And for my Android. After Android 10 and up. Google lock and hide all app files has an root system, wich your guides could being obsolete. If you can update guides and implement your own tools for Spotify apps, that could be handy for most recent phones. 

There is a bug with autoplay in spotify android.
When autoplay is disabled in the options it will work but when I close the spotify application the autoplay is still disabled but at the end of a playlist there are similar songs playing. I then have to, in the options, log out and log back in to my account for the disabled autoplay to work. Once the application is closed, the problem starts again and I have to disconnect / reconnect.
samsung galaxy a22 5g

I solved the problem.

I first tried your method above, it didn't work.

I installed the spotify desktop app, I usually never install it, logged in, disabled autoplay in that app. Also in this desktop app I tested the last track of several playlists, autoplay was disabled. I launched the spotify android application (I had previously already launched it and deactivated the autoplay option), the spotify desktop application was open, when launching the android application it detected the desktop application, I saw a window with the name of my computer. I tested several playlists in the android application, autoplay was disabled, I closed and reopened the android application, autoplay was still disabled. I closed the desktop spotify app the autoplay was still disabled. Resolved! You have to disable autoplay in the computer spotify app for the autoplay to be truly disabled in the android app. It is not normal!

After in my spotify web account from a browser I logged out of all devices. I uninstalled the spotify desktop app. I reconnected to the android app, tried several end of playlist, disconnected/reconnected from the android app, closed/reopened the app, autoplay was still disabled. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the spotify android app, I don't know if it will be necessary to reinstall the desktop app etc.

Suggested posts