Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[BUG] Can't add any new local files to phone's playlist

[BUG] Can't add any new local files to phone's playlist

vhain

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 8 Pro

Operating System

Android 11, Windows 11

My Question or Issue

So all of a sudden I can't add any local files to my phone (OnePlus 8 Pro Android 11) anymore.

When I add them to the playlist on the desktop app (Windows 10) they just won't appear on my phone's spotify. And yes I'm sure both devices are in the same network and yes I also tried reinstalling both apps. Tried basically everything. I can synch old local files that been in my playlist already, but I just can't add new local files to my phone anymore.

There has been multiple other reports about the exact same issue recently. But Spotify refuses to accept that it'a an issue on THEIR end.

Some examples of other users reporting the same bug:

Reddit Bug Report 

2nd Reddit Bug Report 

Spotify Community Thread about the same issue 

2nd Community Thread 

3rd Community Thread 

Acknowledge this issue asap! We are paying customers and you guys blame the user for this issue.

10 Replies

vhain

Bump

Eni

Hi @vhain

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you activate Local File Discovery by toggling "Show local audio files" in the app's settings and then you should be able to see all your local files in Your Library > Local files. Tapping on any of them you can start the playback and opening the context menu you can add them to a Playlist, Liked Songs or Queue. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we'd recommend uploading the local files again using a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

vhain

Are you serious? This is not even close to what I described as my issue.

Did you even read my post? I provided many links where other people reported the exact same issue.

It's not the users fault. It's definitely a bug on Spotify's end.

Please forward this issue to technical support.

vhain

Screenshot_20211115-224308.png

vhain

Bump

phantomforcash

Hey m8 same problem here...

did you manage to fix it?

I don't understand this im paying money for spotify premium and this is what im getting

MrUnbecoming

Same issue as every other user reporting this. I am paying for this service, I expect it to work as paid for. Especially the premium features. This Local Files feature is very important to me as a lot of the overseas music I like is not available on Spotify. It worked fine until I updated both my Desktop client and my Android app. Using the Spotify Windows client (not Windows 10 UWP) and Spotify Android client (not Lite). Syncing playlists with local files does not work at all anymore, and I can't add new songs to them. I deleted my oldest Local Files playlist and added it again in hopes to force it to sync, to no avail. I uninstalled the app cleanly on both Windows and Android. Restarted both devices, tried adding tracks available on spotify to that playlist, nothing. This is absolutely a confirmed issue, not a user error. It was working perfectly fine before I decided to update.

phantomforcash
Well lets hope they will do something otherwise good bye spotify and hello SoundCloud

vhain

Bump. Are you serious spotify? No actual help yet?

Eni

Hey folks!

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already.  Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts