Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Batch removal of liked songs only by reinstall? Tired of farts/goats/pigs in liked songs list. list.

Batch removal of liked songs only by reinstall? Tired of farts/goats/pigs in liked songs list. list.

Is it true that the only way of removing liked songs in batch is by reinstall/reset? Why cant you remove by album? Added several farm ambiance and halloween sounds albums to my liked songs list for different kinds of parties, these albums contain about 3000 sounds. Very frustrating to remove one-by-one by unclicking the heart symbol. Have found no way of marking several "songs" at a time for removal, or to remove them album by album. Seems odd that you can batch-add but not batch-remove. My liked songs is interrupted by pigs, goats or ghouls, but also farts and belches added for a kids-party. There are lots of albums with sounds for different occasions, like for theater productions. The sounds are short but many, so do not add such an album to the liked list, it seems that you have to reinstall to get rid of them, or is there an other way?

5 Replies

Hey there @ljo002

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Keep in mind that a reinstall will only remove the music you've downloaded. 

Would you mind letting us know the make, model and OS version of the device you're currently using? This will help us give you more accurate suggestions.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The problem is the same on all platforms and devices. Reinstall Is the only solution your community has suggested, see other threads on the subject. Is there an easy way of removing f.ex 2800 of 3050 songs in the liked list?

Hi there @ljo002,

Thank you for your reply.

You can mark all songs in you liked songs playlist you can do it by clicking CTRL+A  and scroll down on the desktop app and then hold in CTRL and click on the songs you'd like to unmark. You shouldn't have to scroll down in liked songs but there's currently an ongoing issue about this. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Marking all songs at once should work normally in other playlists.

If you have any other idea on how to improve this and you think that the feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm also running into this problem--no matter what I do, I can't remove songs or albums or artists from my library. I will click "remove from my library" only to have it still there....so frustrating!

Hi there @1242130993

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know if this issue happens across different devices or only on a specific one?

Additionally, would you mind letting us know if you've already tried reinstalling the app by following these specific steps?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts