Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being automatically unfollowed from artists I follow (numerous times)

Being automatically unfollowed from artists I follow (numerous times)

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(Desktop: Dell Inspiron 5559 64 Bit  / Phone: iPhone 6s MG632LL/A )

Operating System

(Windows 10 64 Bit Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836 / iPhone 6s - iOs 12.4.6 )

My Question or Issue

I have been automatically unfollowed by Spotify from many random artists numerous times (though it usually seems to be different artists on the various occasions that it occurs) who I have previously always been following. In cases where Spotify needed to be updated, the situation has remained the same for those artists that were unfollowed by Spotify.

I notice this has continued to be an issue for various customers on various devices and OS for several years. Why can't Spotify solve this? Why does it continue to be an issue? This is NOT something that should be happening especially for *paying* customers and especially given that Spotify continues to refuse to improve other elements of the Premium service (such as allowing Premium customers to save more albums or songs than on Free). Totally inexcusable.

3 Replies

I can see that this has been a recurring issue for lots of people since at least 2013 and Spotify still haven't solved it. Worse, it has been continually labelled here as "Solved."

I should add that there are discrepancies between what has been unfollowed on Desktop version vs. App. For example, the Desktop version unfollowed me from The Wolfgang Press and Lush, but iPhone App did not.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+

System: Android v10

Spotify Version: 8.5.60.1013

Issue: Artist follow count feature is corrupt, not updating, removing artists. 

My follow count is vastly lacking as well. As a music nerd and longtime Spotify user my follow count should be at least double if not 10xs what is currently listed. I'm experiencing this issue on mobile and desktop apps. At first I thought I hit a follow cap of some sort but soon after realized that Spotify was actually unfollowing artists without my consent or knowledge. 🤯

Suggested posts