Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bot/record label is trashing my collaborative playlist, Spotify support doesn't help me

Bot/record label is trashing my collaborative playlist, Spotify support doesn't help me

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

All

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

All

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have a collaborative playlist for a few weeks now for me and my followers. Since yesterday some record label or bot is spamming their trash into it and I cannot do anything. 

I already set it on private, disabled the collaboration (then re-enabled it) but the problem is, that this bot or label is following the playlist directly it seems. That means even if I set it private, then they can see it still. Also it will make the playlist unavailable for all my followers/friends except the ones that follow it directly.

I contacted Spotify support and while they were very nice, they basically just said "just make a new one lol".

So, you mean to tell me, that if I contact Spotify, the creators of this entire app and service, they don't have ANY tools to remove a specific user from my account? How is this possible? The collaborative playlist is advertised as a great thing but there is no service to guard against record labels and bots that artificially want to inflate their numbers? 

2 Replies

Hey @Karol_1, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community for help!

Hmm, that's not cool! Collaborative playlists are accessible for anyone with the link. That means: anyone who has the link or follows it, will be able to access and edit it.

It's not possible to ban a specific user from a playlist at this moment. If this is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Ideas board. That way, Spotify can keep track of it.

For now, I would recommend creating a new private playlist, make it collaborative and make sure not to share the link with anyone besides people you trust.

Feel free to give me a shout, if you have any questions!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution in the meantime? I tried Hubos suggestions, but nothing helps: After a couple of days there are always some unwanted songs of "some" user, sometimes the titles even suggest this being a bot.

This really seems like a studpid bug 😞 

Greetings 
Tobias

Suggested posts