Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Liked/Favorited Songs Back to the Artist Page

Bring Liked/Favorited Songs Back to the Artist Page

So I can't even begin to understand why all of the songs that we favorited with the green heart thing were removed from the Artist page, and dumped together into the "Liked Songs" playlist, but this is a really bad and inefficient idea to the point that I would highly recommend that the change being reversed.

I mean... where as with the previous UI it would take me maybe 5 seconds at the most to navigate and start listening to my favorite songs by going to my library, scrolling to whatever band/artist I'm wanting to listen to, clicking on their icon, and bam... all of the songs that I've favorited are right there. Easy and efficient.

Now with the new UI... you have to click on "Liked Songs" and scroll through the entirety (which in my case is literally thousands of songs) in order to try and find the song that you want to listen to. Its a difficult and frustrating process to the point that I typically end up scrolling up and down for several minutes trying to find the band and song, end up just giving up trying to listen to it through Spotify, and instead just pull up YouTube to listen to it there.

If this is going to be a permanent change then yeah... I'm most likely going to end up just ditching Spotify completely as yeah... the new UI has bizarrely made trying to listen to my favorite songs from my favorite bands/artists an overly tedious act of scrolling through a playlist that's over a thousand songs long.

Please just add our liked songs back to the section where they used to be under the Artist page.

8 Replies

Hey @LokiX21, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern, and first I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as it means a lot to Spotify. Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features.

You can create a new Idea about this here if this is something you would like to see change or improve, and once again I thank you for your feedback.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Replying to the bot that goes by @Billy-J:
The user LokiX21 was trying to report a bug that occurred in the latest desktop release. 
The feature of "Liked Songs" was an option available on an artist's page, it was also the default list when clicking an artist under the "Artists" list. The latest desktop release has removed this function.

So your "make a suggestion" comment shows that you didn't read or understand the user's concerns. 

If it wasn't for the ability to be able to control the desktop app from my phone app, I would be agreeing with Loki and ditching Spotify. 

And your dismissive template of a response is disheartening, disappointing, and suggests that Spotify will suddenly find itself without a user base as their product becomes more unusable because it is failing to listening to the people paying for the service, and instead relying on the 'good will' of 'volunteers' like yourself to run interference. 

Hi @schmy,

Thanks for your post.

We can understand your frustration with the UI hanging.

We'd recommend posting any feedback on how the new design changes affect your experience here.

The developer team is constantly trying to improve the usability of the app and they are closely monitoring this thread. 

On another note, please reply to posts from our Rockstars and users in the Community in general in a civilized and friendly manner. If you're uncertain what this mean, please refer to the Community Guidelines. There are no bots involved in these conversations. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

YES! SAME
It's so frustrating. I'm a person that likes to listen to SPECIFICS SONGS (that's why I liked them) but now it's imposible without having to listen to their entire discography and it sucks.
I'm also think on leaving Spotify if this isn't resolved. Why remove that? Unnecessary

This was submitted as a "New Idea" as suggested, and can be found at the link below...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Put-the-Liked-Songs-back-under-each-band-s-artis...

Hopefully it won't take nearly as long to be (re)implemented since it was already an existing future of the previous desktop app's User Interface, but it will need 50 "+VOTES" by roughly the end of June and then 180 "+VOTES" by the end of September in order for it to reach "Under Consideration" status.

With that... please go to the above link and vote for it if you similarly would like to see the Liked Songs feature returned to the Artist page for the desktop app's UI.

Thanks!

Ty for doing this, and having the ability to write without having to insult spotify simultaniously. I failed at that. Hoping u get the likes

So the liked songs just disappeared from the desktop app again (or at least it did on my Mac).

Why? Can someone for real explain why this terrible idea keeps getting perpetuated?

And especially when it was made quite clear by the community in this thread...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-Put-the-Liked-Songs-back-under-each-band-...

...that it makes the user interface/experience really, really problematic to the point of people considering to stop using Spotify???

Hopefully it won't be necessary due to the previous one being re-implemented (or at least re-opened to more voting),

but I went and made ANOTHER "New (lol) Idea" for this in the interim...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Put-Liked-Songs-Back-AGAIN-Under-The-Artis...

Suggested posts