NEXT STEP

CYBERATTACK ON MY SPOTIFY ACCOUNT, PLAYLIST LIBRARY DISAPPEARED

Solved!

CYBERATTACK ON MY SPOTIFY ACCOUNT, PLAYLIST LIBRARY DISAPPEARED

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello Community,

i received this email from Spotify last week!

Wir haben bemerkt, dass sich jemand bei deinem Konto angemeldet hat. Hier sind die Details:

Standort/Stadt/Land: Vereinigte Staaten
Datum: 03.06.2020, 05:13:33 MESZ

My Account was attacked  last week, 5 hours later spotify informed me THAT MY ACCOUNT was attacked from the United States of America and my Password was reset. I checked my account and found out that several dozens of Playlists in my Library disappeared. The Playlists were there for several years and i was able to see them and i was able to restore them just a few days before this sinister Cyberattack. But all the Playlists disappeared after the  cyberattack last week, 03.06.2020. The QUESTION is , did Spotify delete all the Playlists from my account, or did the attacker delete all the Playlists. It is a work that took years to find all this Music and create the Playlists. Is there any Chance to get the Playlists back? Second Question is, was there a General  Attack on Spotify last Friday, or was my Account individually targeted?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @user-removed, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that someone has gained access to your Spotify account. 

If you see suspicious activity on your account, make sure to follow the relevant steps provided in this support article

Take a look at this article as well on how to protect your Spotify account. 

While contacting Customer Support you can mention that Your Library got deleted and they might be able to restore it. 

I hope it helps! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @user-removed, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that someone has gained access to your Spotify account. 

If you see suspicious activity on your account, make sure to follow the relevant steps provided in this support article

Take a look at this article as well on how to protect your Spotify account. 

While contacting Customer Support you can mention that Your Library got deleted and they might be able to restore it. 

I hope it helps! 

Thank you for the Response, i have had a Password for many years that was only known to me. No other Person had Access to my Computer or Smartphone and i NEVER gave away my Password. So this is an obvious Cyberattack, i only know of this attack,  because i was unable to log-in last Friday. I checked my emails and  Spotify did send the message to me, that someone tried to Login from the United States. As i live in Kaiserslautern, Germany, it is not possible for me  to login from the United States. Just a few Hours before that attack i was logged in at my home in Kaiserslautern (aka K- TOWN, Home of the biggest US Base outside the USA):

This is mentioned in the german text, that i copied. It is a copy of the original  message that i received from Spotify.

Hi, i just want to let you know, that Spotify does not help at all with fixing the issue of the stolen Playlists after the cyberattack on my account.

The answer from spotify is that the community should help me or i should just ask another question to the community.

It is obvious that the community does not have the tools that the Spotify internal Operators use, so  the community cannot help at all, fixing this issue.

Here is the original Nonsense Answer from Spotify.

Spotify Support Case # 18574675: Account - Other ref:_00DD0pxIW._5002o2T3jiG:ref
Posteingang
x

support@spotify.com <support@spotify.com>

Fr., 12. Juni, 18:33 (vor 8 Tagen)

an mich

Hallo,
vielleicht können dir folgende Optionen helfen:
Suche auf unserer Support- Website nach der Antwort auf deine Frage.
Besuche die Spotify Community. Wenn deine Frage dort noch nicht beantwortet wurde, dann stelle einfach eine neue Frage. Die anderen Mitglieder können dir bestimmt weiterhelfen. Du kannst deine Frage auch per Twitter an unsere Rock Stars stellen: @askrockstars .
Wichtige Updates über Spotify findest du ebenfalls auf Twitter: @SpotifyStatus.
Viele Grüße
Dein Spotify Kundenservice-Team
ref:_00DD0pxIW._5002o2T3jiG:ref

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for your response!

I'm sorry that happened. It looks like you got an automatic response to your question directed to Support. You can respond to it describing your issue and they will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also contact them on Twitter or message them on Facebook instead and they'll be able to help you from there as well. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Suggested posts