Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I play a Playlist Folder?

Solved!

Can I play a Playlist Folder?

On Mac desktop, when I am on a Playlist Folder, there is a PLAY button. This should play all tracks in all playlists in the folder. When I hit it nothing happens? Does it work for anyone else? Is there some limit to the number of Tracks.

Thanks,

Rob.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Robok 

Hello there and welcome to the Community..

There is 3 ways to play an entire folder on the Spotify Desktop version whatever the number of playlists in the folder :

1 : When the content of the folder is displayed : Click PLAY. Playing will start with the 1st song of the 1st playlist on screen in the folder.

2 : Whatever is displayed on your screen : Double Click on the folder name in your library. Playing will start with the 1st song of the 1st playlist in the folder.

3 : Playing randomly the full content of a folder

a : turn Shuffle ON

b.1 : When folder is displayed on screen : Click PLAY (as step 1). Playing will start on a random song from one of the playlists in the folder.

b.2 : Whatever is displayed on screen : Double Click the name of the folder in your library (as step 2). Playing will start on a random song from one of the playlists in the folder.

Note : the following screenshot comes from Windows Desktop version. But there is no reason that it doesn't work the same on Mac.

play-folder.jpg

I hope that will help you.

Good luck..

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there!

I am quite confused with the "Play button" that shows on your playlist folder. Would you mind taking a screenshot of it and sending it over? 

For your last question, there is a limit to the number of tracks you have in your playlist, or your library, as in this article: Is there a save limit on Spotify? - The Spotify Community 

Hope this helps! 

Marked as solution

@Robok 

Hello there and welcome to the Community..

There is 3 ways to play an entire folder on the Spotify Desktop version whatever the number of playlists in the folder :

1 : When the content of the folder is displayed : Click PLAY. Playing will start with the 1st song of the 1st playlist on screen in the folder.

2 : Whatever is displayed on your screen : Double Click on the folder name in your library. Playing will start with the 1st song of the 1st playlist in the folder.

3 : Playing randomly the full content of a folder

a : turn Shuffle ON

b.1 : When folder is displayed on screen : Click PLAY (as step 1). Playing will start on a random song from one of the playlists in the folder.

b.2 : Whatever is displayed on screen : Double Click the name of the folder in your library (as step 2). Playing will start on a random song from one of the playlists in the folder.

Note : the following screenshot comes from Windows Desktop version. But there is no reason that it doesn't work the same on Mac.

play-folder.jpg

I hope that will help you.

Good luck..

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, you are right on the spot I am! I kept hitting Play and nothing happened. Eventually I restarted Spotify and now it works, so it was some glitch.

Thank you for your detailed response!

Thanks for your reply! Another user posted a screen shot, and after restarting, my Play button for the Folder does now work!

Hi. Is there any plans on making this work correctly with casting? Right now it only works on the desktop application and only if you don't cast it.

Mobile doesn't have this feature at all.

Suggested posts