Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t Add To Collaborative playlist

Can’t Add To Collaborative playlist

• I’ve made a collaborative playlist but my friend cannot add songs. I’m premium on iPhone 7, he’s a free user on a google phone. I’ve confirmed the settings that it’s collaborative (currently shows make non-collaborative as the option). I’ve fooled with making it public/not public and have sent the link to him every which way. He is the only follower on the playlist. When he pulls Spotify up on his laptop and approaches it that way and clicks "add to playlist" on a song, it shows the playlists he follows, they have a + icon, he clicks, nothing happens. Help please!
4 Replies

Hi there @phalanx3

thanks for reaching out to the community !

As collaborative playlists is indeed a feature available for both Premium or Free users i would like to mention that a Free user cannot edit nor add to a playlists on this mobile device.

Therefore, please ask your friend to only use either a MAC or PC for the process as it will be the only devices optional for him as a Free user.

Then, please both check out this official help page on collaborative playlists for further instructions.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi there @OneByBoo  Ive been struggling with this issue as well. My friend has added a song to the playlist, but it doesn’t appear in the playlist. When I’m on a desktop and look at the playlist I can see it in there but it greyed out and won’t let me do anything with it. We’ve tried adding on different devices, he follows the playlist and it is definitely collaborative. Does it make a difference if either users email address isn't verified? Any ideas on a solution would be greatly appreciated!

I am also struggling with this issue. I have a premium account. I tried reinstalling Spotify, I tried from the mobile app and from the desktop app... the collaborative list that I follow is not shown when I try to add a song to a playlist (it only shows my own). I also don't see the collaborative icon next to this playlist in the app. However, I can see that other people managed to add songs to it. 

I am not using the web app, I am really talking about the mobile and desktop app. 

Hey @mini_loempia,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

The collaborative playlists work a bit different now since this thread was started and you can see how the experience was improved over the years here

Keep in mind that you could have been listed only as a listener and not as a collaborator of that playlist, but that status could be managed by the playlist owner, who can either change it, or send you a new collaborative link to follow, as they now have a 24h expiration limit.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts