Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add album to playlist anymore

Can't add album to playlist anymore

I have a playlist in which I add all albums released in 2019 that I want to check out. Until last week I was able to add a complete album to this playlist. Now the option seems to be completely gone. I really don't want to add one song at a time to this playlist.

Has this feature simply been scrapped? If so that's enough reason for me to finally cancel my subscription and try something else. I'm getting fed up with Spotify's limitations and changing features.

40 Replies

Hi there! Please see this Ongoing Issue thread.The issue is currently under investigation by Spotify.

I hope I was able to help!

Thank you!

I'm in the same boat, very annoying.But opened Spotify on my tablet which runs android v7 (Nougat), with the latest Spotify app,and it is fine,save option there.My phone is android v9 (pie) which is the problem.

Forget my previous post,restarted my tablet and now save feature has gone ☹️.

Yeah

Same here (discovered this morning that I'm not able to add albums to playlist using my phone). This better be fixed in an update arriving sooner than a rocket on speed. 

Good riddance how annoying...

Seems to be no limits to Spotify's incompetence these days. I'm fed up with it too

I'm with you here. I used Google music for years and never experienced issues like this. I feel like this app has a new issue every week! It's unreal and very frustrating. Sounds like they need to reevaluate their app development team and make some changes...

The fact that they limit the number of saved albums too. Why does a service
I pay for have these unexplained restrictions!

I'm there with you, I think it was in the most recent update.Capture+_2019-09-27-17-53-50.png

Oddly it works in the pc app but not Android all the sudden.  Very annoying

This is not the first time feature was removed from android. I have disabled the spotify app updates because every update something is missing or changed. Unfortunately I updated the app manually this morning and my most used feature was missing...

So let me get this straight...

Y'all got a cap on how many albums we can add to our "liked albums" list and the thing you guys constantly say as a response on these forums is "just add them to a playlist it's the same thing!" (It's not the same btw albums has actual sorting features not present in playlists). 

And now I can't add the albums to playlists on mobile **bleep**. Can you guys get some real developers or should I just finally cancel my subscription? Getting real tired of**bleep**. 

If you search by the album title you can add the whole album to a playlist that way.

That used to work yeah.

Same here. Very annoying. I'm thinking about trying something else as well.

Same thoughts. Poor f@kers cant fix their killer "feature" -- "unlike some album to add like to another album" and now this thing with adding to playlists.
Nice service, nothing to add.

This is a big enough issue for me to cancel my subscription. This needs to be reinstated. 

Quit being a bunch of lazy dongs and fix this basic problem. You're acting like **bleep** goblins. 

Very disappointed. I love listening to whole albums in the context of a playlist. This is mostly how I use the app..  I don't just listen to the number 1 songs from a record. Will reconsider my family premium account if this isn't fixed.

Suggested posts