Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add album to playlist

Can't add album to playlist

Hello,

my wife and I have premium family. Recently she can't add albums to a playlist in her app (Android) anymore. But adding single songs works.

Does anyone have any idea what we can do?

Many thanks in advance.

15 Replies

Hi there! Please see this Ongoing Issue thread. The issue is currently under investigation by Spotify.

I hope I was able to help!

Did this work for you? If so please mark it as the solution. This helps other users find the solutions to their problems in the future!

Thank you for help!

No, it isn’t working on my iPhone 6s Plus, IOS 14.4 and premium Spotify 8.5.96.967. 

Could you post or email me screen shots of the steps?

thanks

David

Hi there @Daidin,

Thanks for reaching out to the community about this.

We recommend you run a clean reinstall of the app on your phone. Follow the steps for your device from this Spotify Guide. 

After that you should be able to Click on an Album > Click the 3-dot menu   > Click Add to Playlist image.png. That's it.

Let us know how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex
Won't I need to find and download all my albums again with a clean install?  I'm thinking, can I back-up to the cloud?
Best
David

Hi @Daidin,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you'll have to re-download all offline content if you do a clean reinstall, as it involves clearing all app cache, where the downloads are saved. Unfortunately it's not possible to back up the downloads. 

If you're not willing to do a clean reinstall at this point, you can try to Log out Everywhere and see if that helps.

Also, can you let us know if you at least see the option to add an Album to playlist on your device.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Alex and thanks for the speedy response.

I don't use the "playlist" feature, (to my knowledge).  I just add downloaded albums to my library.  This was the only thread which appeared to be addressing my issue.

I've already re-downloaded my entire Library twice and a clean re-install.  I came here because, frankly, life is too short to be repeating the same non-working process.

Does Spotify no longer support downloading albums, has put an expiration date on them or is it simply a bug that will be fixed.  Right now it isn't "doing like it says on the tin"

David

Hey @Daidin,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

The original issue of this thread was the inability to add an album to a playlist. Regarding your question, you can still download albums for offline listening. To do so, you just need to go to the album you want to download and tap . When the arrow is green, it indicates that the album is downloaded. You can then find it on Your Library > Albums. You can find more info in this article.

If that isn't working or the option isn't there, could you send us some screenshots or a screen recording of how it's looking like on your end to have a better understanding of what's going on?

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'm having this same problem for the past few days, When I press the three dots, the option "add to playlist" just does not appear. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify multiple times and it still doesn't appear. I am on Android, and also maybe this is the problem but I no longer have premium, if adding an album to a playlist is a premium feature that is extremely stupid. Any help much appreciated thanks

Hey there @Large_crabman

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

With the free service you can listen to a playlist based on the album, or add individual tracks from an album to a playlist. However, you can listen to an album in full and adding it to a playlist it's only possible with Spotify Premium. 

You can check the main differences here.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Clean reinstall didn‘t work for me

Hi @Raegoul!

If you're on iOS, there's an ongoing test for iOS users where we experiment with different methods of saving items in Your Library in an attempt to find the best one.

The option to add whole albums to playlists has been made temporarily unavailable while the test is running, but since this is a much requested feature, the feedback has been forwarded to the right folks and the feature will most likely be restored soon.

There's an active thread where users continue to share their feedback on these changes, so feel free to jump in there and submit your suggestions. We'll post updates in there as soon as we have any new info to share.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

It just got worse, now I can‘t add single songs anymore neither. The menu pops up but disappears again before I can chose the playlist. 

I still cannot add full albums to any playlist and am thinkig of resigning my subscription if this feature doesn’t make a comeback before December 31st 2022. Does anyone know if it may come back or if I already need to start searching for an alternative app ?

End this horrible test immediately or I'm jumping ship. Had an uninterrupted premium subscription going for 12 years, but this "test" is making the whole app unusable.

Suggested posts