Can't add full album to playlist on app; or click on album artwork to see bigger.

Can't add full album to playlist on app; or click on album artwork to see bigger.

Paulrawnerve
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy A20E

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

This recent update has changed or broken things that didn't need changing.

I can't add full albums to playlists anymore. The option was greyed out for a little bit, but now it's completely gone, yet is available on the Desktop version!? 

If I long press on an album in the artist list, it does nothing, and then going into the album, clicking the 3 dots, the option isn't there. PLEASE put this back on!! The playlists idea is one of the main reasons I pay for Spotify. I save albums into genre specific lists.

Also, if I click on the album artwork whilst listening to an album, it no longer shows up full screen. Please reinstate this possibility.

Talking of playlists, will you please remove the automatic nature of putting the most recently added to playlist at the top of the list, at least put in an option to choose what order the playlists show in. I like them to stay in alphabetical order, I'm sure I'm not the only one. It used to show like this. 

Why do you constantly feel the need to change things that were perfect just as they were?

8 Replies

Re: Can't add full album to playlist on app; or click on album artwork to see bigger.

Rising Star 1 eltoch
Rising Star 1

Other people have been having this issue as well, I recommend taking a look at this thread and voting! I'm sure Spotify is working to get this resolved soon

Re: Can't add full album to playlist on app; or click on album artwork to see bigger.

jts5009

I came to the forum today specifically because of this issue.  I used to be able to add entire albums to playlists on Android.  I can't do it anymore (presumably an update broke the functionality).  This is core functionality that needs to be reintroduced.  I use this feature all the time. Having to add individual songs to playlists as opposed to albums will definitely drive me to Google Play Music if it doesn't get fixed in the next couple days.  I have a Spotify Premium account on Android version 9.  I'm using Spotify version 8.5.24.762.

ironryan

What's happened?  I can no longer save an album as a playlist!!!?!?!?!?!

This for many years has been the main way i organise my music...it can still be done on the desktop, so I have to log onto the PC to now save the album and the option is no longer there on mobile!!!

This is crazy, please fix ASAP!

VillageHero
Regular
I would be really interested what Spotify thinks about users: They removed now "multiple select" as well as "Add Album to playlist". Seems like they do not want (power?) users to handle their music library structured. The simple Likes for albums is unusable if you have a lot of albums...

slum_one
Visitor
Fix this now! Its so annoying

Alebtv
Casual Listener
I hope they fix it !!! Its very frustrating can't complain to anybody

Alebtv
Casual Listener
I agree i m very ungry about it!!!
Highlighted

Hey there @Alebtv@VillageHero@slum_one@ironryan and @jts5009,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Rest assured that our tech teams are aware and looking into this. We'd recommend taking a look at the Ongoing Issue thread @eltoch linked above for more info regarding a fix.

We'd also suggest adding your +VOTE and leaving a comment to that thread if you're still having troubles so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SUGGESTED POSTS