Premium

Country

Poland

Device

(Laptop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I can't change my playlist cover, I thought maybe it was because somehow I tried to upload PNG version of the picture, but turned out it wasn't the issue. I asked my friends if then can change their playlist cover, all of them said yes. So I thought that maybe I should just wait a little bit more and it will fix at some point, but it's been almost four days and I still cannot change the cover. And yes, I tried different pictures, didn't work. I tried logging off multiple times and the log in, but it didn't help either, as well as simply shutting the app off. When I try to change it, it says "You cannot save changes to a playlist. Try again." 

dddd.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @wiktoriaz and @vause18,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We're happy to help.

@wiktoriaz - can you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step it to try from the web player.

Let us know how everything goes to that we can keep on assist you if you need us to.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

38 Replies

I am having the exact same problem. Everyone online says to perform a clean reinstall, but I have done this multiple times on all the devices I am logged in on and nothing has changed, I still can't change my Spotify covers. I also thought the problem would fix itself, but it has been weeks and I still can't edit playlists.

Marked as solution

Hey there @wiktoriaz and @vause18,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We're happy to help.

@wiktoriaz - can you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step it to try from the web player.

Let us know how everything goes to that we can keep on assist you if you need us to.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hello. I had Spotify app from Microsoft Store. I uninstalled it because reinstalling it from there didn't work and installed the one from official Spotify website, thanks to this everything works just fine. Sorry for the problem. Thank you for taking your time to try and help me.

Hey again @wiktoriaz,

Thank you for your reply.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

I have the same problem, I have done a clean reinstall, logged out, everything and I am still not able to change my playlist cover… Please help…

Hey @Ava34,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good.

Just to double-check-are there any changes when you try using the app from our website in case you're using the app from the Microsoft store and vice versa?

In case you've already tried with the web player, we'd suggest you also try with another network to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can change my playlist cover on my laptop in the app. However I can’t with my iPad and phone. On Spotify’s website I was able to have the option to change my photo however it only came up with the filed ones - I don’t really know. Also I don’t understand what you mean by try a different network.
Thank you ☺️

Hey @Ava34,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Just to confirm-when you try updating the playlist cover on the laptop, is the new cover visible on the other devices?

You can try with another internet connection to see if that makes a difference.

It's also a good idea to check if there are any operating system updates.

In case you get an error message, please let us know.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

It’s working now. Thank you very much. 🙂

Hi there @Ava34,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

I tried the solutions above on the web player and on the web app. I uninstalled the windows app, downloaded the one on Spotify website and installed it. I disabled all the firewall...etc. I still can't change the playlist cover. I select a new pic to upload. Then, it keeps uploading forever (freezes there and nothing happens). Any solution please?

Hey there @Mmusic10,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if this is happening only on a single playlist or every playlist you try to change the cover of?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

I'm having the same problem while using Spotify through Google Chrome.  Whenever I upload the proper size photo, it loads indefinitely.  I am never able to complete this step.  Any advice?

Hey @imlainewhite,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies of your browser?

It's also worth trying an incognito window or a different browser. How did that go?

Are you able to do the changes via the desktop app?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi, I can’t change my profile nor my playlist album cover, I have the edit options but when i click the “change image” none of the options of “choose from library” come up. Ive reinstalled the app, clear cache, logged out, still wont work. I can change it on my ipad and mac but not on my phone, is there anyway I can get the options back?

Hey @campoaeryl,

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to see the settings to pick an image on my Android phone.

Could you share the device's brand/model and operating system together with the Spotify version you're currently using? It's be also cool of you could prepare a short screen recording of what is going on on your end so we can get a better understanding of the issue.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

i’m having the same issue 

i’m having the same problem like @campoaerl 

here is a screen recording 

Hi! my issue has been fixed, I cleared cache the app about 2x and logged out of them! 

Suggested posts