Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download full contents

Can't download full contents

Hello Spotify Community,

I try to download a playlist (50 songs, something like that) or an album and it gets stuck with a few songs to finish.

It happens over and over again, from some time now.

I keep reading on message boards people complaining about similar issues.

The usual advice they get is to uninstall Spotify and all the content, of course... 

I fear that if I do it, I will lose a huge chunk of my beloved personal playlists.

I already lost songs here and there in a strange way that keeps bugging me. 

I am still  assessing the damages but I am seriously thinking of canceling my premium account that I subscribe since 2013.

Spotify's limit is 10.000, isn't it?

If it is, I don't have that many songs. 

I think this is some bug or glitch or whatever that Spotify can't solve. 

Mind that i don't think that is deliberate.

I fear that they're out of the loop with the ammount of traffic or some weird geeky nerdy stuff and they just can't solve it.

And for me it subverts all the premium's purpose. 

Cheers

Screenshot_20220127_005826.jpg
Screenshot_20220127_010138.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @USER_ID_4302516,

Thanks for posting here on the Community.

We recommend running a clean reinstall because this one is also more thorough than the usual one. That way you can also make sure that the cache is cleared and app is up-to-date.

No worries. The playlists that you've created or followed won't be removed from your account after following the steps for clean reinstall.

In case you're using an SD card, it's a good idea to try removing it, reinstall Spotify, and then try running the app without the SD card. Sometimes the card can lead to issues with the cache.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Ver wrote:

Hey @USER_ID_4302516,

Thanks for posting here on the Community.

We recommend running a clean reinstall because this one is also more thorough than the usual one. That way you can also make sure that the cache is cleared and app is up-to-date.

No worries. The playlists that you've created or followed won't be removed from your account after following the steps for clean reinstall.

In case you're using an SD card, it's a good idea to try removing it, reinstall Spotify, and then try running the app without the SD card. Sometimes the card can lead to issues with the cache.

Let us know how it goes.

I did the clean reinstall but now it's even worse. Of course I didn't lost the playlists. They are in my account like they should but not offline.
The issue is that I can't download all the songs. And now it's even worse than before, because prior to the clean reinstall I had something like 80% of the songs offline. Now I don't think that I have 30%. It keeps sayng waiting for download. I don't have sd card. All the offline content is on the Hard drive. Cache is cleaned and the app is up-to-date.

I'm not the only one with this issue and the solution that Spotify gives it's useless.

I guess I will have to cancel the account, since the premium with this Kind of issues is useless and annoying.

I did the clean reinstall but now it's even worse. Of course I didn't lost the playlists. They are in my account like they should but not offline.
The issue is that I can't download all the songs. And now it's even worse than before, because prior to the clean reinstall I had something like 80% of the songs offline. Now I don't think that I have 30%. It keeps sayng waiting for download. I don't have sd card. All the offline content is on the Hard drive. Cache is cleaned and the app is up-to-date.

I'm not the only one with this issue and the solution that Spotify gives it's useless.

I guess I will have to cancel the account, since the premium with this Kind of issues is useless and annoying.

Hey @USER_ID_4302516,

Thanks for the reply.

I know it's tough to lose most of your offline content, but reinstalling the app and clearing the cache folders is a necessary first step to assure that you're running the latest version of the app and that there aren't corrupted files which may be causing issues.

There are a couple of troubleshooting steps you can try.

First, check that your device is not connected to any Bluetooth speaker/ sound system when you press the download button. After that, try changing the default offline storage directory from Settings > Advanced > Offline storage location.

If after that downloads still can't complete, please let us know the following:

• Device model, OS version
  • Spotify version

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts