Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find/play a song

Solved!

Can't find/play a song

Plan

Premium

Country 

Slovakia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have search for artist **bleep** chambers and song Judas Goat. I was not able to find it via client. When googling for this song, I have found link https://open.spotify.com/album/3YrpiFq86Tt20GJz7Iz18r?highlight=spotify:track:6W1fEi8TTCGsfv4nGpGqJi

pointing to the album on Spotify with this song but I am not able to play any song from it.

I have found more songs and albums like this.

How can I play such albums/songs?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @DomerPDo

The songs that are no longer available are greyed out, which means you can't play them. 

If you still want to see unavailable content:

Mobile and tablet 

• Tap Home icon_home.png
  • Tap Settings icon_settings.png
  • Switch Show unplayable songs on (green)

Desktop

• Click the arrow icon_arrow.png in the top-right corner and select Settings.
  • Under Display Options switch Show unavailable songs in playlists on (green)

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi @DomerPDo

This can happen if licensing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed. Availability can vary between countries as well.

Unfortunately, this is something that Spotify doesn't have control over as it is up to the individual music companies and artists. 

Hopefully the songs you're looking for will reappear soon!

Hello @Emilia_8,

I understand licensing and owneship issues but I expected such songs/albums will be labeled like this.

Also if I like such song/album, it is shown in my library although unplayable. But when I add such song into playlist, I can not see it there although it is there as I am not able to add it again. I expect to see it in my playlist.

I hope Spotify will adress these simple issues to satisfy their subscribers.

Kind regards,

DomerPDo

Marked as solution

Hi @DomerPDo

The songs that are no longer available are greyed out, which means you can't play them. 

If you still want to see unavailable content:

Mobile and tablet 

• Tap Home icon_home.png
  • Tap Settings icon_settings.png
  • Switch Show unplayable songs on (green)

Desktop

• Click the arrow icon_arrow.png in the top-right corner and select Settings.
  • Under Display Options switch Show unavailable songs in playlists on (green)

@ Emilia_8,

Thank you for pointing me on settings, I didn't realised it before.

It's OK that those songs are greyed out but information why is that so is expected.

Im featured on a some tracks that don't show up under my artist profile page

Hello @90culture

Welcome to the Community!

If you're not featured on these tracks, I'd recommend reaching out to your distributor or label. For more details, make sure to take a look at this FAQ

If you have more questions regarding your music on Spotify can’t find answer in that FAQ, feel free to contact Spotify for Artists Support. You can find the contact form at the end of the FAQ. 

However, if you you are featured but you're not able to see the Appears on section on your profile, there's already   created to bring that feature back. 

More details on how the Idea Exchange works, can be found here

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Where have most of my songs from lacrimosa gone????? Didnt you get my money this month???? There is an ! instead of the download symbol in front of the song...unbelievable...

Hey there @palecry,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you send us a screenshot of how it looks like on your end to have a better understanding of what's going on? Also, let us know the device where you're seeing this on and if it happened in any other devices where you use the app.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Samsung galaxy a71

Screenshot_20210702-081550_Spotify.jpg

Hey @palecry,

Thanks for getting back to us with the screenshot.

As @Emilia_8 mentioned above, songs greyed out in such a manner means that they are no longer available on Spotify. Keep in mind that availability can change over time depending on different agreements with artists, labels and other rights holders. This doesn't mean that the content won't be made available again at some point in the future. We appreciate your understanding on the matter.

Hope this info is useful. The Community is here for you should you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So, just to understand correctly. Spotify once payed for gerring the licenses and now in that xae of lacrimosa you partially do for some songs but not for all anymore? (As 4 Albums still are available)...but i'm expected to pay the same amount of money monthly whilst not being able to listen to some of "my" most favourite songs anymore...? Are you serious...?

Why is it so difficult to build playists usins search function?  When I find a song that I have searched for, and click to preview it, another song plaus.  Every single time.  Whether im searching by songs by artist, album, song, playlist. Functionality is gone. I can sometimes find a work around going though 5 or 6 tries and multiple screen throughs.  It makes spotify useless to me.  Im not interested in having spotify currate music for me since you’re algorithms haven’t figured out my taste in 7 years—those of us that grew up making mixtapes kniw what we want.  I read that the sort feature has changed or been disabled but now that I’ve  created a profile for the community, I can’t find that information so apparently search function here is also a rabbit hole of randomness.  I apologize for leaving this here.  Oh and Im having these problems on all my mac devices, up to date and having deleted and reinstalled app.

@DomerPDo wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country 

Slovakia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have search for artist **bleep** chambers and song Judas Goat. I was not able to find it via client. When googling for this song, I have found link https://open.spotify.com/album/3YrpiFq86Tt20GJz7Iz18r?highlight=spotify:track:6W1fEi8TTCGsfv4nGpGqJi

pointing to the album on Spotify with this song but I am not able to play any song from it.

I have found more songs and albums like this.

How can I play such albums/songs?

Thank you.

Hey @Luzianafireant,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome on the Community!

If you use the Search in your Spotify apps, all matching available results for the particular artist should be presented to you. Using external search engines doesn't guarantee that the results you'd find there will still be up to date or at all relevant.

All in all we’d love to have all of 69 Chambers' music available on Spotify - and hopefully one day we will! But some content is not currently available (or is available in one country and not another). Reasons for this vary: Sometimes agreements are ongoing or can’t be reached with an artist, label, or content provider; or ownership of a track, album, video, or podcast may change hands such that it’s removed from Spotify. Thousands of minutes of content are being added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find something you’re looking for now, it may appear (or reappear) soon!

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Not at all what im saying. For example: i searched for pump it up under
song filter tab. I get a list of all matching. I select pump it up by
elvis costello which is what im looking for. I get a page with thumbnail
of the album its on, the song title in large font ‘PUMP IT UP’, but in que
to play is a completely different song by another artist ive never heard
of. Over and over again this happens. I have sometimes been able to
eventually get a searched single by searching artist and album, but the
number of steps involved makes the exercise pointless. Been a problem for
about a month.

If all spotify wants to do is shove random product out at its customers
regardless of their musical taste, then why have all this other
infrastructure? Looks like its time to find another music app or go back
into the apple environment.

A

Hi again @Luzianafireant,

Thanks for your reply.

To have a better understanding of what you're referring to, could you send us a video or screen recording of the issue you're describing? You can attach it to your next reply by using the video camera icon in the post editor. If it's too big, you can upload it somewhere else and send us the link.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts