Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t join family mix

Can’t join family mix

As you can see from the title, I can’t join my family mix. When I use the Spotify app and press “Join family mix” nothing happens. On the website I just see a message that reads something like “An error has happened, please try again later”. It’s been like this for a couple of months now. 

3 Replies

Hey @Mike3103,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you're using this page to access the Mix, right? Could you try accepting the invite from a private or incognito browser or a different device altogether? That way if data stored in your browser is causing the issue, it can be avoided.

It's also a good idea to do a clean reinstall of the app using this guide. That way any corrupted app files will get removed and the latest version of the app will be installed.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know the make, mode, OS version and Spotify version of the device you're experiencing this on?

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

A51DFCF6-14A5-44AF-B13A-577743D6F5F0.jpeg

Yes, I was using that link. I’ll post the picture of what I see. 

I’m currently using an iPhone 11, on iOS 14.2, Spotify version 8.5.86.739

Hey @Mike3103,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the screenshot.

It would seem that you're experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue we have at the moment. The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to upvote the issue if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

In the meantime a possible workaround that might work for you could be to create a free account with a different mail and see if it can be added successfully to the family mix. if that's the case yo can follow the steps here on how to transfer your music collection so nothing gets lost.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts